Lindsay Lohan Tweets About Failed Drug Test, Ready to Take Responsibility
Lindsay Lohan has admitted failing her latest court-ordered drug test - and the actress is "prepared to face the consequences". Reports on Friday, September 17 suggested a drug test from the "Mean Girls" star had come back positive, which could land her back in jail.
The random tests Lohan is subjected to twice a week are part of her punishment from her time behind bars and in rehab following a probation violation issue earlier this year, stemming from her 2007 DUI arrest. The 24 year old, who is undergoing intense outpatient treatment following her release from rehab in August, has been trying to rebuild her reputation since she was freed - but following a positive drug test result last week, the star is facing further time behind bars.
In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked... I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result. Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future."
"This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences." The actress reveals she is "trying hard" to resolve her personal issues - and is hopeful of a full recovery with the help of her loved ones.
She adds, "I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!"
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?