Shelley Malil's Stabbing Victim: I Will Live With These Scars for the Rest of My Life
Shelley Malil's ex-girlfriend will forever be traumatized by the vicious stabbing she endured at the hands of "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" star because she is reminded of the horror whenever she looks in the mirror. Malil was convicted of attempted murder on Thursday, September 16 after a three-week trial, during which he testified he never intended to hurt Kendra Beebe and was acting in self defense in 2008 when he lashed out in the dark, stabbing her more than 20 times.
He told the jury at California's San Diego County Court that he thought he was being attacked from behind following a brawl with Beebe's pal David Maldonado. He was also found guilty on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Beebe broke down in tears when the verdict was read out on Thursday but she insists her relief at the trial outcome will do little to help her put the terrifying incident behind her. She says, "Every day I look in the mirror and I see the scar on my chin and the scar on my neck. I will live with this for the rest of my life."
Malil faces between 21 years and life in prison when he is sentenced on November 18.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie