Fat Joe Hopes No Jail for 'Worst Enemy' Remy Ma
Rapper Fat Joe is keeping his fingers crossed his former protegee Remy Ma wins her appeal against her eight-year prison sentence for a 2007 shooting, insisting he sympathises with her despite their past war of words. The "Lean Back" hitmaker dropped Remy, real name Reminisce Smith, from his Terror Squad crew in 2007 and the pair went on to throw lyrical shots at one another in subsequent interviews.
Smith found herself behind bars in May 2008 after she was convicted of shooting Makeda Barnes Joseph in the abdomen during an altercation in New York in July 2007. But Fat Joe is adamant Smith doesn't belong in prison for the crime.
In an interview with VladTV.com, he says, "I wouldn't wish jail on my worst enemy. I really want her to get out and soon." Smith's legal representatives are currently attempting to appeal the verdict and win the incarcerated star an early release.
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series