Fat Joe Hopes No Jail for 'Worst Enemy' Remy Ma
Rapper Fat Joe is keeping his fingers crossed his former protegee Remy Ma wins her appeal against her eight-year prison sentence for a 2007 shooting, insisting he sympathises with her despite their past war of words. The "Lean Back" hitmaker dropped Remy, real name Reminisce Smith, from his Terror Squad crew in 2007 and the pair went on to throw lyrical shots at one another in subsequent interviews.
Smith found herself behind bars in May 2008 after she was convicted of shooting Makeda Barnes Joseph in the abdomen during an altercation in New York in July 2007. But Fat Joe is adamant Smith doesn't belong in prison for the crime.
In an interview with VladTV.com, he says, "I wouldn't wish jail on my worst enemy. I really want her to get out and soon." Smith's legal representatives are currently attempting to appeal the verdict and win the incarcerated star an early release.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama