Fat Joe Hopes No Jail for 'Worst Enemy' Remy Ma
Rapper Fat Joe is keeping his fingers crossed his former protegee Remy Ma wins her appeal against her eight-year prison sentence for a 2007 shooting, insisting he sympathises with her despite their past war of words. The "Lean Back" hitmaker dropped Remy, real name Reminisce Smith, from his Terror Squad crew in 2007 and the pair went on to throw lyrical shots at one another in subsequent interviews.
Smith found herself behind bars in May 2008 after she was convicted of shooting Makeda Barnes Joseph in the abdomen during an altercation in New York in July 2007. But Fat Joe is adamant Smith doesn't belong in prison for the crime.
In an interview with VladTV.com, he says, "I wouldn't wish jail on my worst enemy. I really want her to get out and soon." Smith's legal representatives are currently attempting to appeal the verdict and win the incarcerated star an early release.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism