Fat Joe Hopes No Jail for 'Worst Enemy' Remy Ma
Rapper Fat Joe is keeping his fingers crossed his former protegee Remy Ma wins her appeal against her eight-year prison sentence for a 2007 shooting, insisting he sympathises with her despite their past war of words. The "Lean Back" hitmaker dropped Remy, real name Reminisce Smith, from his Terror Squad crew in 2007 and the pair went on to throw lyrical shots at one another in subsequent interviews.
Smith found herself behind bars in May 2008 after she was convicted of shooting Makeda Barnes Joseph in the abdomen during an altercation in New York in July 2007. But Fat Joe is adamant Smith doesn't belong in prison for the crime.
In an interview with VladTV.com, he says, "I wouldn't wish jail on my worst enemy. I really want her to get out and soon." Smith's legal representatives are currently attempting to appeal the verdict and win the incarcerated star an early release.
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2