Kate Walsh Wears Sushi Dress as Homage to Lady GaGa
Kate Walsh paid tribute to Lady GaGa's now-famous red meat dress with a fishy fashion choice of her own when she appeared on U.S. TV on Thursday, September 16 - by donning a garment made from sushi and sashimi.
The "Private Practice" star strutted onto Jay Leno's late night show wearing a little black dress covered with raw fish, and shaded her eyes with Gaga-inspired glasses made from Tamago - a Japanese-style omelet. She completed the edible ensemble with a ring made from a sushi roll and prawns strapped to her Louis Vuitton stilettos, telling the comedian, "This is a shout out - an homage - to Lady Gaga."
The actress explained she designed the get-up after accidentally upsetting Gaga fans with an online quip about the strips of red meat the singer donned as a dress at Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards. Walsh said: "I was on a plane during the VMAs and one of my Twitter fans said, 'What do you think of Lady Gaga's meat dress?' ...The first thought I had was like a nice plate of prosciutto with melon, thinking that was kind of witty. Oh no, no."
"It set off the little monsters (Gaga fans). It opened up a whole can of whoop a**. They were mad. It was interesting because the tweets came fast and furiously. I was called a D-level actress." But Walsh insists she didn't mean to upset the little monsters: "I'm a huge fan of Lady GaGa."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed