Kate Walsh Wears Sushi Dress as Homage to Lady GaGa
Kate Walsh paid tribute to Lady GaGa's now-famous red meat dress with a fishy fashion choice of her own when she appeared on U.S. TV on Thursday, September 16 - by donning a garment made from sushi and sashimi.
The "Private Practice" star strutted onto Jay Leno's late night show wearing a little black dress covered with raw fish, and shaded her eyes with Gaga-inspired glasses made from Tamago - a Japanese-style omelet. She completed the edible ensemble with a ring made from a sushi roll and prawns strapped to her Louis Vuitton stilettos, telling the comedian, "This is a shout out - an homage - to Lady Gaga."
The actress explained she designed the get-up after accidentally upsetting Gaga fans with an online quip about the strips of red meat the singer donned as a dress at Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards. Walsh said: "I was on a plane during the VMAs and one of my Twitter fans said, 'What do you think of Lady Gaga's meat dress?' ...The first thought I had was like a nice plate of prosciutto with melon, thinking that was kind of witty. Oh no, no."
"It set off the little monsters (Gaga fans). It opened up a whole can of whoop a**. They were mad. It was interesting because the tweets came fast and furiously. I was called a D-level actress." But Walsh insists she didn't mean to upset the little monsters: "I'm a huge fan of Lady GaGa."
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November