LeAnn Rimes Lashes Out at Talk Show Host Wendy Williams Over Affair Comments
Country star LeAnn Rimes has hit back at U.S. talk show host Wendy Williams, insisting comments about her cheating scandal were "out of control". The "Blue" singer hit the headlines last year when she was caught on camera kissing her TV co-star Eddie Cibrian while they were both married.
Rimes and Cibrian subsequently split from their respective partners and made their romance official, prompting a wave of criticism. The singer recently opened up about the scandal, insisting she never meant to hurt her ex Dean Sheremet - but Williams took aim at Rimes, saying "It's all very sloppy".
The TV host also slated her for referring to Cibrian's sons with estranged wife Brandi Glanville as her "boys", adding "The boys have a mother, and her name is Brandi." Now Rimes has hit back at the TV star, calling her comments "disappointing".
Taking to her Twitter page, she writes, "All I know is Wendy Williams done p**sed my mamma off! I don't wanna be in her path. To say, 'I've reserved myself a place in hell?!' "
"I'm incredibly disappointed to see someone with that kind of platform use it for such negativity and could be (sic) so mean and judgmental about a situation they know nothing about... I don't like how it happened either, said it a million times, but this is out of control."
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury