LeAnn Rimes Lashes Out at Talk Show Host Wendy Williams Over Affair Comments
Country star LeAnn Rimes has hit back at U.S. talk show host Wendy Williams, insisting comments about her cheating scandal were "out of control". The "Blue" singer hit the headlines last year when she was caught on camera kissing her TV co-star Eddie Cibrian while they were both married.
Rimes and Cibrian subsequently split from their respective partners and made their romance official, prompting a wave of criticism. The singer recently opened up about the scandal, insisting she never meant to hurt her ex Dean Sheremet - but Williams took aim at Rimes, saying "It's all very sloppy".
The TV host also slated her for referring to Cibrian's sons with estranged wife Brandi Glanville as her "boys", adding "The boys have a mother, and her name is Brandi." Now Rimes has hit back at the TV star, calling her comments "disappointing".
Taking to her Twitter page, she writes, "All I know is Wendy Williams done p**sed my mamma off! I don't wanna be in her path. To say, 'I've reserved myself a place in hell?!' "
"I'm incredibly disappointed to see someone with that kind of platform use it for such negativity and could be (sic) so mean and judgmental about a situation they know nothing about... I don't like how it happened either, said it a million times, but this is out of control."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos