Prince Settles Legal Action From Former Lawyer
Prince has headed off legal action from his former lawyer by settling an unpaid bill of $50,000. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker was hit with a lawsuit in August after attorney Ed McPherson claimed the star failed to pay him for his work on two different cases.
But this week, McPherson filed documents to dismiss the case because Prince has now settled the bill, according to TMZ.
According to the site, Ed McPherson filed the papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on August 3. He, at that time, claimed he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 by the 52-year-old star. He also mentioned that he had made "countless attempts... to resolve this matter."
More Prince News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen