Prince Settles Legal Action From Former Lawyer
Prince has headed off legal action from his former lawyer by settling an unpaid bill of $50,000. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker was hit with a lawsuit in August after attorney Ed McPherson claimed the star failed to pay him for his work on two different cases.
But this week, McPherson filed documents to dismiss the case because Prince has now settled the bill, according to TMZ.
According to the site, Ed McPherson filed the papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on August 3. He, at that time, claimed he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 by the 52-year-old star. He also mentioned that he had made "countless attempts... to resolve this matter."
More Prince News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards