Prince Settles Legal Action From Former Lawyer
Prince has headed off legal action from his former lawyer by settling an unpaid bill of $50,000. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker was hit with a lawsuit in August after attorney Ed McPherson claimed the star failed to pay him for his work on two different cases.
But this week, McPherson filed documents to dismiss the case because Prince has now settled the bill, according to TMZ.
According to the site, Ed McPherson filed the papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on August 3. He, at that time, claimed he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 by the 52-year-old star. He also mentioned that he had made "countless attempts... to resolve this matter."
More Prince News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...