Prince Settles Legal Action From Former Lawyer
Prince has headed off legal action from his former lawyer by settling an unpaid bill of $50,000. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker was hit with a lawsuit in August after attorney Ed McPherson claimed the star failed to pay him for his work on two different cases.
But this week, McPherson filed documents to dismiss the case because Prince has now settled the bill, according to TMZ.
According to the site, Ed McPherson filed the papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on August 3. He, at that time, claimed he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 by the 52-year-old star. He also mentioned that he had made "countless attempts... to resolve this matter."
More Prince News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival