Prince Settles Legal Action From Former Lawyer
Prince has headed off legal action from his former lawyer by settling an unpaid bill of $50,000. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker was hit with a lawsuit in August after attorney Ed McPherson claimed the star failed to pay him for his work on two different cases.
But this week, McPherson filed documents to dismiss the case because Prince has now settled the bill, according to TMZ.
According to the site, Ed McPherson filed the papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on August 3. He, at that time, claimed he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 by the 52-year-old star. He also mentioned that he had made "countless attempts... to resolve this matter."
More Prince News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert