Morgan Freeman Finalizes Divorce From Longtime Wife
Morgan Freeman is a single man again after finalizing his divorce from his wife of 26 years. The veteran actor parted ways from Myrna Colley-Lee in late 2007 and secretly filed official documents to end their union the following July.
Their split became public shortly after the 73 year old crashed his car and had to be cut free from the wreckage in Tennessee in August 2008. On Wednesday, September 15, more than two years after the papers were filed, a judge in Jackson, Mississippi finalized their divorce - and Freeman is delighted the split is now official.
His lawyer, William R. Wright, tells the Associated Press, "It was done without a trial. Everybody is glad it's over." Terms of the divorce are not being made public.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video