Morgan Freeman Finalizes Divorce From Longtime Wife
Morgan Freeman is a single man again after finalizing his divorce from his wife of 26 years. The veteran actor parted ways from Myrna Colley-Lee in late 2007 and secretly filed official documents to end their union the following July.
Their split became public shortly after the 73 year old crashed his car and had to be cut free from the wreckage in Tennessee in August 2008. On Wednesday, September 15, more than two years after the papers were filed, a judge in Jackson, Mississippi finalized their divorce - and Freeman is delighted the split is now official.
His lawyer, William R. Wright, tells the Associated Press, "It was done without a trial. Everybody is glad it's over." Terms of the divorce are not being made public.
More Morgan Freeman News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'