Morgan Freeman Finalizes Divorce From Longtime Wife
Morgan Freeman is a single man again after finalizing his divorce from his wife of 26 years. The veteran actor parted ways from Myrna Colley-Lee in late 2007 and secretly filed official documents to end their union the following July.
Their split became public shortly after the 73 year old crashed his car and had to be cut free from the wreckage in Tennessee in August 2008. On Wednesday, September 15, more than two years after the papers were filed, a judge in Jackson, Mississippi finalized their divorce - and Freeman is delighted the split is now official.
His lawyer, William R. Wright, tells the Associated Press, "It was done without a trial. Everybody is glad it's over." Terms of the divorce are not being made public.
More Morgan Freeman News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says