Edwyn Collins Prefers to Be Dead Than Not Making Music
Scottish singer Edwyn Collins is glad he suffered no serious longterm effects from his stroke five years ago - because he would rather die than stop making music. The former Orange Juice star was struck down by two cerebral hemorrhages, and was left with an inability to communicate after falling ill.
He is still recovering from the stroke but has returned to the studio and is working on his next album, which will feature contributions from artists including Johnny Marr and Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos. And the star is so passionate about making music, he insists he would rather have died from the stroke than be left unable to write and record songs.
Collins tells Britain's The Sun, "Music is my life and my happiness. It gives me the energy to carry on. I would rather not have survived the stroke if I had lost the ability to make music. I've got nothing to be down about. I get better every day and I concentrate on what I've got back, rather than what I've lost."
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof