Jane Lynch Refused 'Glee' Cat-Skinning Line
"Glee" actress Jane Lynch forced producers of the hit show to rewrite one of her lines - because she couldn't bear to talk about skinning cats. The animal-loving star, who plays outspoken teacher Sue Sylvester in the series, received a script for one episode in which she was asked to tell Matthew Morrison's character Will Schuester she would torture him.
But Lynch told writers she drew the line at talking about skinning an animal, because she has her own pets at home. She tells U.S. talk show host Larry King, "I had one line, though, that I don't even know how it got past Fox. But I had one line where I said something about how I was going to torture Will and I would skin a cat in front of him. And I said, I can't - I can't say it. And they said, 'Well, we actually put that in there to see if it would raise any flags and it didn't. But we're going to rewrite it anyway.' I couldn't say that..."
"I have two cats. Now I have five cats with my new wife. We have five cats and two dogs."
More Glee News
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit
- Ben Affleck Looks in Good Spirits While Making First Public Appearance Since Rehab