Michael Pitt Injured on Set of Martin Scorsese's 'Boardwalk Empire'
Actor Michael Pitt injured himself so badly on the set of Martin Scorsese's new TV show "Boardwalk Empire" he was left with blood gushing from his hand. But the director refused to give him any sympathy.
The filmmaker turned his attentions to the small screen by bringing 1920s gangland New Jersey to life in the story of America's Prohibition era for the new series. While shooting fight scenes for the HBO show, Pitt accidentally broke a stunt bottle while hitting it over another actor's head and managed to "cut my hand all the way open", reports the New York Daily News.
But when he revealed the deepness of the wound, Scorsese simply remarked: "That's great! that's great!" and asked him to re-shoot the clip 15 times. Pitt says, "Scorsese asked, 'How bad (is the wound)?' So I showed him. And he said, 'That's pretty bad. Can you do it again?' "
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!