Michael Pitt Injured on Set of Martin Scorsese's 'Boardwalk Empire'
Actor Michael Pitt injured himself so badly on the set of Martin Scorsese's new TV show "Boardwalk Empire" he was left with blood gushing from his hand. But the director refused to give him any sympathy.
The filmmaker turned his attentions to the small screen by bringing 1920s gangland New Jersey to life in the story of America's Prohibition era for the new series. While shooting fight scenes for the HBO show, Pitt accidentally broke a stunt bottle while hitting it over another actor's head and managed to "cut my hand all the way open", reports the New York Daily News.
But when he revealed the deepness of the wound, Scorsese simply remarked: "That's great! that's great!" and asked him to re-shoot the clip 15 times. Pitt says, "Scorsese asked, 'How bad (is the wound)?' So I showed him. And he said, 'That's pretty bad. Can you do it again?' "
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen