Michael Pitt Injured on Set of Martin Scorsese's 'Boardwalk Empire'
Actor Michael Pitt injured himself so badly on the set of Martin Scorsese's new TV show "Boardwalk Empire" he was left with blood gushing from his hand. But the director refused to give him any sympathy.
The filmmaker turned his attentions to the small screen by bringing 1920s gangland New Jersey to life in the story of America's Prohibition era for the new series. While shooting fight scenes for the HBO show, Pitt accidentally broke a stunt bottle while hitting it over another actor's head and managed to "cut my hand all the way open", reports the New York Daily News.
But when he revealed the deepness of the wound, Scorsese simply remarked: "That's great! that's great!" and asked him to re-shoot the clip 15 times. Pitt says, "Scorsese asked, 'How bad (is the wound)?' So I showed him. And he said, 'That's pretty bad. Can you do it again?' "
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week