George Michael Withdraws Plans to Appeal
George Michael is resigned to serving out his jail term in full - his lawyers have dropped a planned appeal against his sentence. The former Wham! singer intended to mount a legal challenge to his eight-week prison sentence for possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
But his legal team withdrew its application just hours ahead of a scheduled appeal and bail hearing at a court in London on Friday, September 17. A court spokesperson said a letter from criminal defense firm Burton Copeland stated the "Faith" hitmaker was officially "abandoning the appeal".
Michael was caged for eight weeks on Tuesday and hit with a $1,875 fine for crashing his Range Rover into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London, in July while he was high on cannabis. The singer is due to be released after serving half his sentence.
More George Michael News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt