George Michael Withdraws Plans to Appeal
George Michael is resigned to serving out his jail term in full - his lawyers have dropped a planned appeal against his sentence. The former Wham! singer intended to mount a legal challenge to his eight-week prison sentence for possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
But his legal team withdrew its application just hours ahead of a scheduled appeal and bail hearing at a court in London on Friday, September 17. A court spokesperson said a letter from criminal defense firm Burton Copeland stated the "Faith" hitmaker was officially "abandoning the appeal".
Michael was caged for eight weeks on Tuesday and hit with a $1,875 fine for crashing his Range Rover into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London, in July while he was high on cannabis. The singer is due to be released after serving half his sentence.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo