George Michael Withdraws Plans to Appeal
George Michael is resigned to serving out his jail term in full - his lawyers have dropped a planned appeal against his sentence. The former Wham! singer intended to mount a legal challenge to his eight-week prison sentence for possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
But his legal team withdrew its application just hours ahead of a scheduled appeal and bail hearing at a court in London on Friday, September 17. A court spokesperson said a letter from criminal defense firm Burton Copeland stated the "Faith" hitmaker was officially "abandoning the appeal".
Michael was caged for eight weeks on Tuesday and hit with a $1,875 fine for crashing his Range Rover into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London, in July while he was high on cannabis. The singer is due to be released after serving half his sentence.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound