George Michael Withdraws Plans to Appeal
George Michael is resigned to serving out his jail term in full - his lawyers have dropped a planned appeal against his sentence. The former Wham! singer intended to mount a legal challenge to his eight-week prison sentence for possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
But his legal team withdrew its application just hours ahead of a scheduled appeal and bail hearing at a court in London on Friday, September 17. A court spokesperson said a letter from criminal defense firm Burton Copeland stated the "Faith" hitmaker was officially "abandoning the appeal".
Michael was caged for eight weeks on Tuesday and hit with a $1,875 fine for crashing his Range Rover into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London, in July while he was high on cannabis. The singer is due to be released after serving half his sentence.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope