Michael Douglas Determined to Come at 'Wall Street 2' Premiere
Michael Douglas is determined to walk the red carpet at next week's "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" premiere, despite undergoing ravaging cancer treatment. The acting icon is currently receiving chemotherapy and radiation treatment for throat cancer following his diagnosis revelation in August.
His highly-anticipated return as ruthless bank boss Gordon Gekko is to be unveiled at the New York screening on September 20, but speculation has been rife the star will be too drained to attend. But his publicist Allen Burry insists Douglas will make every effort to be there.
The rep tells Popeater.com, "That's the plan right now (to be at the premiere). But we're literally going day-to-day as to know how much he can do. He would like to attend the premiere and show his support for the movie. He knows that's part of the job and he's proud of the movie."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie