T.I. Given Chance to Argue Why He Shouldn't Go to Jail
Rapper T.I. will have to explain why he should remain a free man following his arrest earlier this month - he has been summoned to attend court in Atlanta, Georgia. The 29-year-old rapper and his wife, former Xscape singer Tameka Cottle, were taken into custody in West Hollywood after a sheriff's deputy allegedly smelled cannabis smoke coming from their vehicle during a traffic stop. They were booked for felony possession of a controlled substance and bailed.
On Thursday, September 16 a federal judge signed a summons for the hip-hop star - real name Clifford Harris Jr. - to appear in court to argue why he should not be sent to jail. He is currently on probation following his release from prison in December on gun charges. According to TMZ.com, the star's probation officer has also signed the summons, and lists three possible violations, including drugs possession, testing positive for opiates and association with a felon. There is no set date for the hearing.
More T.I. News
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'