T.I. Given Chance to Argue Why He Shouldn't Go to Jail
Rapper T.I. will have to explain why he should remain a free man following his arrest earlier this month - he has been summoned to attend court in Atlanta, Georgia. The 29-year-old rapper and his wife, former Xscape singer Tameka Cottle, were taken into custody in West Hollywood after a sheriff's deputy allegedly smelled cannabis smoke coming from their vehicle during a traffic stop. They were booked for felony possession of a controlled substance and bailed.
On Thursday, September 16 a federal judge signed a summons for the hip-hop star - real name Clifford Harris Jr. - to appear in court to argue why he should not be sent to jail. He is currently on probation following his release from prison in December on gun charges. According to TMZ.com, the star's probation officer has also signed the summons, and lists three possible violations, including drugs possession, testing positive for opiates and association with a felon. There is no set date for the hearing.
More T.I. News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny