T.I. Given Chance to Argue Why He Shouldn't Go to Jail
Rapper T.I. will have to explain why he should remain a free man following his arrest earlier this month - he has been summoned to attend court in Atlanta, Georgia. The 29-year-old rapper and his wife, former Xscape singer Tameka Cottle, were taken into custody in West Hollywood after a sheriff's deputy allegedly smelled cannabis smoke coming from their vehicle during a traffic stop. They were booked for felony possession of a controlled substance and bailed.
On Thursday, September 16 a federal judge signed a summons for the hip-hop star - real name Clifford Harris Jr. - to appear in court to argue why he should not be sent to jail. He is currently on probation following his release from prison in December on gun charges. According to TMZ.com, the star's probation officer has also signed the summons, and lists three possible violations, including drugs possession, testing positive for opiates and association with a felon. There is no set date for the hearing.
More T.I. News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters