T.I. Given Chance to Argue Why He Shouldn't Go to Jail
Rapper T.I. will have to explain why he should remain a free man following his arrest earlier this month - he has been summoned to attend court in Atlanta, Georgia. The 29-year-old rapper and his wife, former Xscape singer Tameka Cottle, were taken into custody in West Hollywood after a sheriff's deputy allegedly smelled cannabis smoke coming from their vehicle during a traffic stop. They were booked for felony possession of a controlled substance and bailed.
On Thursday, September 16 a federal judge signed a summons for the hip-hop star - real name Clifford Harris Jr. - to appear in court to argue why he should not be sent to jail. He is currently on probation following his release from prison in December on gun charges. According to TMZ.com, the star's probation officer has also signed the summons, and lists three possible violations, including drugs possession, testing positive for opiates and association with a felon. There is no set date for the hearing.
More T.I. News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'