Merle Haggard Cancels 10 Performances Due to Chest Infection
Country legend Merle Haggard has been forced to cancel 10 upcoming shows after falling ill with a chest infection. The "Okie From Muskogee" singer's publicist has assured fans the infection is not related to the lung cancer he battled in 2008.
A statement on his official website says, "Merle Haggard has canceled 10 dates in September due to a chest infection. He expects to be back in action soon." The next scheduled date on the 73 year old's calendar is in Texas on November 5.
Haggard will receive Kennedy Center Honors and will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame in December. He will receive the honor along with Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, choreographer Bill T. Jones and Broadway lyricist and composer Jerry Herman.
Some of his canceled performances include an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Tuesday and dates in the South and on the East Coast, Los Angeles Times reported.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?