Merle Haggard Cancels 10 Performances Due to Chest Infection
Country legend Merle Haggard has been forced to cancel 10 upcoming shows after falling ill with a chest infection. The "Okie From Muskogee" singer's publicist has assured fans the infection is not related to the lung cancer he battled in 2008.
A statement on his official website says, "Merle Haggard has canceled 10 dates in September due to a chest infection. He expects to be back in action soon." The next scheduled date on the 73 year old's calendar is in Texas on November 5.
Haggard will receive Kennedy Center Honors and will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame in December. He will receive the honor along with Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, choreographer Bill T. Jones and Broadway lyricist and composer Jerry Herman.
Some of his canceled performances include an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Tuesday and dates in the South and on the East Coast, Los Angeles Times reported.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3