Merle Haggard Cancels 10 Performances Due to Chest Infection
Country legend Merle Haggard has been forced to cancel 10 upcoming shows after falling ill with a chest infection. The "Okie From Muskogee" singer's publicist has assured fans the infection is not related to the lung cancer he battled in 2008.
A statement on his official website says, "Merle Haggard has canceled 10 dates in September due to a chest infection. He expects to be back in action soon." The next scheduled date on the 73 year old's calendar is in Texas on November 5.
Haggard will receive Kennedy Center Honors and will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame in December. He will receive the honor along with Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, choreographer Bill T. Jones and Broadway lyricist and composer Jerry Herman.
Some of his canceled performances include an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Tuesday and dates in the South and on the East Coast, Los Angeles Times reported.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified