Merle Haggard Cancels 10 Performances Due to Chest Infection
Country legend Merle Haggard has been forced to cancel 10 upcoming shows after falling ill with a chest infection. The "Okie From Muskogee" singer's publicist has assured fans the infection is not related to the lung cancer he battled in 2008.
A statement on his official website says, "Merle Haggard has canceled 10 dates in September due to a chest infection. He expects to be back in action soon." The next scheduled date on the 73 year old's calendar is in Texas on November 5.
Haggard will receive Kennedy Center Honors and will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame in December. He will receive the honor along with Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, choreographer Bill T. Jones and Broadway lyricist and composer Jerry Herman.
Some of his canceled performances include an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Tuesday and dates in the South and on the East Coast, Los Angeles Times reported.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab