Merle Haggard Cancels 10 Performances Due to Chest Infection
Country legend Merle Haggard has been forced to cancel 10 upcoming shows after falling ill with a chest infection. The "Okie From Muskogee" singer's publicist has assured fans the infection is not related to the lung cancer he battled in 2008.
A statement on his official website says, "Merle Haggard has canceled 10 dates in September due to a chest infection. He expects to be back in action soon." The next scheduled date on the 73 year old's calendar is in Texas on November 5.
Haggard will receive Kennedy Center Honors and will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame in December. He will receive the honor along with Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, choreographer Bill T. Jones and Broadway lyricist and composer Jerry Herman.
Some of his canceled performances include an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Tuesday and dates in the South and on the East Coast, Los Angeles Times reported.
More Merle Haggard News
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof