Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Faces Eight Charges After Fighting With Ex-Lover
Embattled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been hit with a total of eight charges, including grand larceny and domestic battery, stemming from a heated argument with his ex-girlfriend last week. The sportsman was arrested on suspicion of robbery on September 10, a day after reportedly confronting Josie Harris about an alleged affair at her Las Vegas home.
Harris told cops he had taken a number of personal items from her property during the incident, in which Mayweather, Jr. is also accused of punching Harris in the head, pulling her hair and trying to break her arm after entering her house as she slept. She subsequently filed for a temporary protection order against the boxer and, in the court documents, even goes so far as to claim the champ threatened to kill her as their 10-year-old son Koraun watched the alleged beating take place.
According to the police report of the encounter, Harris, who has three kids with the star, was forced to seek medical treatment for "minor facial injuries and a sore left arm". Now a representative for the District Attorney's Office has confirmed Mayweather, Jr. has officially been charged over the incident. He is facing three misdemeanor counts of harassment and one of domestic battery. He has also been charged with two felonies for coercion, after reportedly threatening to beat his son if he called the cops or tried to leave the property, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
The other two felony charges are for grand larceny and robbery. Mayweather, Jr. has been ordered to appear in court on November 9. If convicted, he faces up to 28 years behind bars.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date