Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Faces Eight Charges After Fighting With Ex-Lover
Embattled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been hit with a total of eight charges, including grand larceny and domestic battery, stemming from a heated argument with his ex-girlfriend last week. The sportsman was arrested on suspicion of robbery on September 10, a day after reportedly confronting Josie Harris about an alleged affair at her Las Vegas home.
Harris told cops he had taken a number of personal items from her property during the incident, in which Mayweather, Jr. is also accused of punching Harris in the head, pulling her hair and trying to break her arm after entering her house as she slept. She subsequently filed for a temporary protection order against the boxer and, in the court documents, even goes so far as to claim the champ threatened to kill her as their 10-year-old son Koraun watched the alleged beating take place.
According to the police report of the encounter, Harris, who has three kids with the star, was forced to seek medical treatment for "minor facial injuries and a sore left arm". Now a representative for the District Attorney's Office has confirmed Mayweather, Jr. has officially been charged over the incident. He is facing three misdemeanor counts of harassment and one of domestic battery. He has also been charged with two felonies for coercion, after reportedly threatening to beat his son if he called the cops or tried to leave the property, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
The other two felony charges are for grand larceny and robbery. Mayweather, Jr. has been ordered to appear in court on November 9. If convicted, he faces up to 28 years behind bars.
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce