Kid Rock Flared Up in 2007 Brawl at Pamela Anderson Mention
Kid Rock was forced to relive his 2007 fight with one-time love rival Tommy Lee on Thursday, September 16 as part of his testimony in a civil trial in which he is accused of assault. The "All Summer Long" singer and five members of his entourage are fighting allegations they beat up Harlen Akins for no apparent reason following an argument at a branch of the Atlanta Waffle House in Georgia in October 2007.
Rock took the stand at a DeKalb County courthouse on Thursday to dispute Akins' claims, insisting they were taunted by the alleged victim after he exchanged words with Davina Barnes, a female member of the star's crew. The rocker, real name Robert Ritchie, admitted that tempers flared on the night in question, but described how his group of pals were provoked into fighting with Akins.
However, he insisted he and his defendants did not leave Akins brutally injured, as he claimed in his lawsuit, telling the court, "We didn't beat up (Akins)." On Wednesday, the court heard testimony from Barnes, who recalled how Akins had goaded Ritchie into a confrontation by quipping, "How's Pam doing tonight?" - a reference to the star's ex-wife, Pamela Anderson.
Ritchie had brawled with the "Baywatch" beauty's other ex-husband, Lee, just a month before at the MTV Video Music Awards in September and he was asked to recount that incident for Judge Johnny Panos during Thursday's testimony. He described how Lee "smacked" his hat off, prompting Ritchie to punch him in the face. But he admitted the two rockers had since made amends and become friends following an apologetic phone call from the Motley Crue star.
Akins also testified on Thursday, claiming he had been left bloody and with serious injuries after Ritchie's pals followed him to the restaurant parking lot. He told the court, "Wherever they could kick me and punch me, they did. I felt like a shipwrecked body. I had pain, pain coming from everywhere."
Ritchie has already served 80 hours of community service for his involvement in the fight after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of simple battery in 2008.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift