Tim Gunn Admitted to Suicide Attempt
Celebrity style guru Tim Gunn was a tortured teenager who tried to commit suicide at the age of 17. The "Project Runway" star makes the shocking revelation in his new book, "Gunn's Golden Rules", admitting he was plagued with depression as a teen and tried to swallow pills to end his life.
Appearing on America's "Access Live" news programme, he explains, "I was a very, very unhappy kid and I thought, what does the world have to offer me? And more importantly, what do I have to offer the world? And I had incredibly low self-esteem and made a decision. Fortunately I wasn't successful."
The 57 year old credits his friends and family with helping him to get through the struggle, adding, "It's only because of a lot of wonderful people who nurtured me and cared about me that I'm still here."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway