Tim Gunn Admitted to Suicide Attempt
Celebrity style guru Tim Gunn was a tortured teenager who tried to commit suicide at the age of 17. The "Project Runway" star makes the shocking revelation in his new book, "Gunn's Golden Rules", admitting he was plagued with depression as a teen and tried to swallow pills to end his life.
Appearing on America's "Access Live" news programme, he explains, "I was a very, very unhappy kid and I thought, what does the world have to offer me? And more importantly, what do I have to offer the world? And I had incredibly low self-esteem and made a decision. Fortunately I wasn't successful."
The 57 year old credits his friends and family with helping him to get through the struggle, adding, "It's only because of a lot of wonderful people who nurtured me and cared about me that I'm still here."
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image