Tim Gunn Admitted to Suicide Attempt
Celebrity style guru Tim Gunn was a tortured teenager who tried to commit suicide at the age of 17. The "Project Runway" star makes the shocking revelation in his new book, "Gunn's Golden Rules", admitting he was plagued with depression as a teen and tried to swallow pills to end his life.
Appearing on America's "Access Live" news programme, he explains, "I was a very, very unhappy kid and I thought, what does the world have to offer me? And more importantly, what do I have to offer the world? And I had incredibly low self-esteem and made a decision. Fortunately I wasn't successful."
The 57 year old credits his friends and family with helping him to get through the struggle, adding, "It's only because of a lot of wonderful people who nurtured me and cared about me that I'm still here."
More Tim Gunn News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce