Tim Gunn Admitted to Suicide Attempt
Celebrity style guru Tim Gunn was a tortured teenager who tried to commit suicide at the age of 17. The "Project Runway" star makes the shocking revelation in his new book, "Gunn's Golden Rules", admitting he was plagued with depression as a teen and tried to swallow pills to end his life.
Appearing on America's "Access Live" news programme, he explains, "I was a very, very unhappy kid and I thought, what does the world have to offer me? And more importantly, what do I have to offer the world? And I had incredibly low self-esteem and made a decision. Fortunately I wasn't successful."
The 57 year old credits his friends and family with helping him to get through the struggle, adding, "It's only because of a lot of wonderful people who nurtured me and cared about me that I'm still here."
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full