Tim Gunn Admitted to Suicide Attempt
Celebrity style guru Tim Gunn was a tortured teenager who tried to commit suicide at the age of 17. The "Project Runway" star makes the shocking revelation in his new book, "Gunn's Golden Rules", admitting he was plagued with depression as a teen and tried to swallow pills to end his life.
Appearing on America's "Access Live" news programme, he explains, "I was a very, very unhappy kid and I thought, what does the world have to offer me? And more importantly, what do I have to offer the world? And I had incredibly low self-esteem and made a decision. Fortunately I wasn't successful."
The 57 year old credits his friends and family with helping him to get through the struggle, adding, "It's only because of a lot of wonderful people who nurtured me and cared about me that I'm still here."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier