Mark Wahlberg Prays for Incarcerated George Michael
Mark Wahlberg has offered his support to incarcerated singer George Michael - he's praying for the troubled star during his eight-week prison stint. The former Wham! singer was jailed on Tuesday, September 14 after he pleaded guilty to possession of cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
Now Wahlberg, who was sentenced to two years in prison as a teenager for assault, has reached out to Michael because he doesn't envy anyone who spends time in jail. He says, "I was 16 when I went to prison but he's been busted a couple of times. He should get a driver or go to Amsterdam where pot is legal. But my heart goes out (to) anyone who goes to prison. I pray for him."
Michael's sentence stems from his arrest in July after he crashed into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London. The star admitted smoking dope before climbing behind the wheel. As well as the jail time, Michael was fined $1,875 with $150 in court costs, and banned from the roads for five years.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show