Mark Wahlberg Prays for Incarcerated George Michael
Mark Wahlberg has offered his support to incarcerated singer George Michael - he's praying for the troubled star during his eight-week prison stint. The former Wham! singer was jailed on Tuesday, September 14 after he pleaded guilty to possession of cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
Now Wahlberg, who was sentenced to two years in prison as a teenager for assault, has reached out to Michael because he doesn't envy anyone who spends time in jail. He says, "I was 16 when I went to prison but he's been busted a couple of times. He should get a driver or go to Amsterdam where pot is legal. But my heart goes out (to) anyone who goes to prison. I pray for him."
Michael's sentence stems from his arrest in July after he crashed into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London. The star admitted smoking dope before climbing behind the wheel. As well as the jail time, Michael was fined $1,875 with $150 in court costs, and banned from the roads for five years.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media