Ivana Trump Takes Legal Action Against Fashion House for Using Her Name
Ivana Trump has taken legal action against a Finnish fashion house for using her first name. The ex-wife of property mogul Donald Trump ordered her lawyers to fire off a cease and desist letter to bosses at IVANAhelsinki ahead of their runway show in New York on Thursday, September 16.
Trump has trademark rights to the name Ivana for her own fashion line and is demanding commission and royalties from IVANAhelsinki bosses if they want to go ahead with their fashion launch. Her lawyer Gary Lyman tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Using her name dilutes its value and is damaging to her reputation."
But IVANAhelsinki officials are refusing to bow to Trump's demands, telling the publication they have no intention of canceling the show.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio