Ivana Trump Takes Legal Action Against Fashion House for Using Her Name
Ivana Trump has taken legal action against a Finnish fashion house for using her first name. The ex-wife of property mogul Donald Trump ordered her lawyers to fire off a cease and desist letter to bosses at IVANAhelsinki ahead of their runway show in New York on Thursday, September 16.
Trump has trademark rights to the name Ivana for her own fashion line and is demanding commission and royalties from IVANAhelsinki bosses if they want to go ahead with their fashion launch. Her lawyer Gary Lyman tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Using her name dilutes its value and is damaging to her reputation."
But IVANAhelsinki officials are refusing to bow to Trump's demands, telling the publication they have no intention of canceling the show.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch