Ivana Trump Takes Legal Action Against Fashion House for Using Her Name
Ivana Trump has taken legal action against a Finnish fashion house for using her first name. The ex-wife of property mogul Donald Trump ordered her lawyers to fire off a cease and desist letter to bosses at IVANAhelsinki ahead of their runway show in New York on Thursday, September 16.
Trump has trademark rights to the name Ivana for her own fashion line and is demanding commission and royalties from IVANAhelsinki bosses if they want to go ahead with their fashion launch. Her lawyer Gary Lyman tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Using her name dilutes its value and is damaging to her reputation."
But IVANAhelsinki officials are refusing to bow to Trump's demands, telling the publication they have no intention of canceling the show.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion