Conrad Murray Drags Skin Doctor Into Michael Jackson Death Case
Michael Jackson's embattled physician Conrad Murray is attempting to drag the King of Pop's former skin doctor into the civil law case filed against him by Joe Jackson, insisting he should be on trial too. Murray claims Dr. Arnold Klein is at least partly to blame for the singer's death and should be a defendant in family patriarch Joe's wrongful death lawsuit.
In legal papers filed on Wednesday, September 15 and obtained by TMZ.com, Murray challenges Joe Jackson's decision not to name Dr. Klein as one of the physicians allegedly responsible for his son's death. Murray stands accused of administering the fatal dose of anasthetic Propofol which killed Michael Jackson in June 2009. He has pleaded not guilty to any wrongdoing.
In his new suit, Dr. Murray also takes aim at seven other physicians he claims were providing Jackson with medications at or near the time of his death. Attorneys for the doctor are also seeking the dismissal of the wrongful death lawsuit.
In the documents they ask a judge to throw the case out on the basis that Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, did not have the legal right to file suit on grounds that he's not a beneficiary of the estate. Jackson sued Murray in federal court on the first anniversary of his son's death.
More Michael Jackson News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'