Conrad Murray Drags Skin Doctor Into Michael Jackson Death Case
Michael Jackson's embattled physician Conrad Murray is attempting to drag the King of Pop's former skin doctor into the civil law case filed against him by Joe Jackson, insisting he should be on trial too. Murray claims Dr. Arnold Klein is at least partly to blame for the singer's death and should be a defendant in family patriarch Joe's wrongful death lawsuit.
In legal papers filed on Wednesday, September 15 and obtained by TMZ.com, Murray challenges Joe Jackson's decision not to name Dr. Klein as one of the physicians allegedly responsible for his son's death. Murray stands accused of administering the fatal dose of anasthetic Propofol which killed Michael Jackson in June 2009. He has pleaded not guilty to any wrongdoing.
In his new suit, Dr. Murray also takes aim at seven other physicians he claims were providing Jackson with medications at or near the time of his death. Attorneys for the doctor are also seeking the dismissal of the wrongful death lawsuit.
In the documents they ask a judge to throw the case out on the basis that Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, did not have the legal right to file suit on grounds that he's not a beneficiary of the estate. Jackson sued Murray in federal court on the first anniversary of his son's death.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7