Conrad Murray Drags Skin Doctor Into Michael Jackson Death Case
Michael Jackson's embattled physician Conrad Murray is attempting to drag the King of Pop's former skin doctor into the civil law case filed against him by Joe Jackson, insisting he should be on trial too. Murray claims Dr. Arnold Klein is at least partly to blame for the singer's death and should be a defendant in family patriarch Joe's wrongful death lawsuit.
In legal papers filed on Wednesday, September 15 and obtained by TMZ.com, Murray challenges Joe Jackson's decision not to name Dr. Klein as one of the physicians allegedly responsible for his son's death. Murray stands accused of administering the fatal dose of anasthetic Propofol which killed Michael Jackson in June 2009. He has pleaded not guilty to any wrongdoing.
In his new suit, Dr. Murray also takes aim at seven other physicians he claims were providing Jackson with medications at or near the time of his death. Attorneys for the doctor are also seeking the dismissal of the wrongful death lawsuit.
In the documents they ask a judge to throw the case out on the basis that Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, did not have the legal right to file suit on grounds that he's not a beneficiary of the estate. Jackson sued Murray in federal court on the first anniversary of his son's death.
More Michael Jackson News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame