Hootie & The Blowfish to Be Immortalized With Monument
Rockers Hootie & The Blowfish are to be honoured with their own monument in South Carolina in October. The group was formed in 1986 after its members Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim Sonefeld and Mark Bryan met as freshman at the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
They shot to fame with their major label debut Cracked Rear View and the album became America's best-selling disc of 1995, while it still stands as the country's 15th most popular release of all time. And now Hootie & The Blowfish will be feted in the city they formed in - a large steel and black granite piece of art will be unveiled near their alma mater on October 21.
The arty tribute will measure around 20 feet (six meters) long, 10 feet (three meters) wide and 12 feet (3.66 meters) high and comes just months short of their 25th anniversary in 2011.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'