Hootie & The Blowfish to Be Immortalized With Monument
Rockers Hootie & The Blowfish are to be honoured with their own monument in South Carolina in October. The group was formed in 1986 after its members Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim Sonefeld and Mark Bryan met as freshman at the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
They shot to fame with their major label debut Cracked Rear View and the album became America's best-selling disc of 1995, while it still stands as the country's 15th most popular release of all time. And now Hootie & The Blowfish will be feted in the city they formed in - a large steel and black granite piece of art will be unveiled near their alma mater on October 21.
The arty tribute will measure around 20 feet (six meters) long, 10 feet (three meters) wide and 12 feet (3.66 meters) high and comes just months short of their 25th anniversary in 2011.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl