Hootie & The Blowfish to Be Immortalized With Monument
Rockers Hootie & The Blowfish are to be honoured with their own monument in South Carolina in October. The group was formed in 1986 after its members Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim Sonefeld and Mark Bryan met as freshman at the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
They shot to fame with their major label debut Cracked Rear View and the album became America's best-selling disc of 1995, while it still stands as the country's 15th most popular release of all time. And now Hootie & The Blowfish will be feted in the city they formed in - a large steel and black granite piece of art will be unveiled near their alma mater on October 21.
The arty tribute will measure around 20 feet (six meters) long, 10 feet (three meters) wide and 12 feet (3.66 meters) high and comes just months short of their 25th anniversary in 2011.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip