Hootie & The Blowfish to Be Immortalized With Monument
Rockers Hootie & The Blowfish are to be honoured with their own monument in South Carolina in October. The group was formed in 1986 after its members Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim Sonefeld and Mark Bryan met as freshman at the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
They shot to fame with their major label debut Cracked Rear View and the album became America's best-selling disc of 1995, while it still stands as the country's 15th most popular release of all time. And now Hootie & The Blowfish will be feted in the city they formed in - a large steel and black granite piece of art will be unveiled near their alma mater on October 21.
The arty tribute will measure around 20 feet (six meters) long, 10 feet (three meters) wide and 12 feet (3.66 meters) high and comes just months short of their 25th anniversary in 2011.
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club