Hootie & The Blowfish to Be Immortalized With Monument
Rockers Hootie & The Blowfish are to be honoured with their own monument in South Carolina in October. The group was formed in 1986 after its members Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim Sonefeld and Mark Bryan met as freshman at the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
They shot to fame with their major label debut Cracked Rear View and the album became America's best-selling disc of 1995, while it still stands as the country's 15th most popular release of all time. And now Hootie & The Blowfish will be feted in the city they formed in - a large steel and black granite piece of art will be unveiled near their alma mater on October 21.
The arty tribute will measure around 20 feet (six meters) long, 10 feet (three meters) wide and 12 feet (3.66 meters) high and comes just months short of their 25th anniversary in 2011.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective