Tina Turner Left by Her Backbone, Sister Alline
Tina Turner is mourning the death of her older sister, who died last week after a battle with illness. The singing legend canceled a string of gigs in Europe so she could rush to Ruby 'Alline' Turner's bedside in California in time to say goodbye, before the 73 year old passed away on September 4.
Alline is credited with helping the 70-year-old superstar escape her abusive relationship with Ike Turner in the 1970s. A source tells the National Enquirer, "Alline has always been Tina's backbone - her rock. And she was right there during the most difficult time in her life, when she was getting beaten up by Ike."
Alline was laid to rest during a service at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Hollywood, which was attended by her grieving sister.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'