Tina Turner Left by Her Backbone, Sister Alline
Tina Turner is mourning the death of her older sister, who died last week after a battle with illness. The singing legend canceled a string of gigs in Europe so she could rush to Ruby 'Alline' Turner's bedside in California in time to say goodbye, before the 73 year old passed away on September 4.
Alline is credited with helping the 70-year-old superstar escape her abusive relationship with Ike Turner in the 1970s. A source tells the National Enquirer, "Alline has always been Tina's backbone - her rock. And she was right there during the most difficult time in her life, when she was getting beaten up by Ike."
Alline was laid to rest during a service at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Hollywood, which was attended by her grieving sister.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie