Tina Turner Left by Her Backbone, Sister Alline
Tina Turner is mourning the death of her older sister, who died last week after a battle with illness. The singing legend canceled a string of gigs in Europe so she could rush to Ruby 'Alline' Turner's bedside in California in time to say goodbye, before the 73 year old passed away on September 4.
Alline is credited with helping the 70-year-old superstar escape her abusive relationship with Ike Turner in the 1970s. A source tells the National Enquirer, "Alline has always been Tina's backbone - her rock. And she was right there during the most difficult time in her life, when she was getting beaten up by Ike."
Alline was laid to rest during a service at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Hollywood, which was attended by her grieving sister.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding