Tina Turner Left by Her Backbone, Sister Alline
Tina Turner is mourning the death of her older sister, who died last week after a battle with illness. The singing legend canceled a string of gigs in Europe so she could rush to Ruby 'Alline' Turner's bedside in California in time to say goodbye, before the 73 year old passed away on September 4.
Alline is credited with helping the 70-year-old superstar escape her abusive relationship with Ike Turner in the 1970s. A source tells the National Enquirer, "Alline has always been Tina's backbone - her rock. And she was right there during the most difficult time in her life, when she was getting beaten up by Ike."
Alline was laid to rest during a service at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Hollywood, which was attended by her grieving sister.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik