Tina Turner Left by Her Backbone, Sister Alline
Tina Turner is mourning the death of her older sister, who died last week after a battle with illness. The singing legend canceled a string of gigs in Europe so she could rush to Ruby 'Alline' Turner's bedside in California in time to say goodbye, before the 73 year old passed away on September 4.
Alline is credited with helping the 70-year-old superstar escape her abusive relationship with Ike Turner in the 1970s. A source tells the National Enquirer, "Alline has always been Tina's backbone - her rock. And she was right there during the most difficult time in her life, when she was getting beaten up by Ike."
Alline was laid to rest during a service at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Hollywood, which was attended by her grieving sister.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked