Blake Lively: Christian Louboutin Names a Shoe After Me
Blake Lively's fashion dreams came true during a recent trip to Paris, France - designer Christian Louboutin named a shoe after the star. The actress was in the city earlier this year to film scenes for the new series of "Gossip Girl", which premiered on U.S. TV this week.
The shoot coincided with Paris Fashion Week and Anna Wintour, the editor of Vogue's American edition, insisted on taking the actress out to dinner with her fashion icons Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano. She also met designer Louboutin and she was so in awe of his classic shoe creations, he named a pair after the blonde beauty.
Lively says, "We started the season of 'Gossip Girl' in Paris which was exciting enough but we were there during Couture Fashion Week. She (Wintour) said, 'Which design houses do you love?' and I said I love Chanel and Dior and she said, 'Okay, we're going to dinner with Karl and John then'. It was unbelievable. So I got to spend time with Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano. I got a Vespa tour of Paris with Christian Louboutin."
"He named a shoe after me. I went to his atelier (work studio) and I was walking around and I was like, 'Every shoe here is so beautiful' and I saw this one pair and I said 'I've never seen anything that good.' He said, 'You love it?' "
"And I said, 'I want to sleep with it under my pillow every night!' He said, 'We're naming it The Blake then.' It was insane - like my greatest accomplishment. it was the most magical week."
More Blake Lively News
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer