Blake Lively: Christian Louboutin Names a Shoe After Me
Blake Lively's fashion dreams came true during a recent trip to Paris, France - designer Christian Louboutin named a shoe after the star. The actress was in the city earlier this year to film scenes for the new series of "Gossip Girl", which premiered on U.S. TV this week.
The shoot coincided with Paris Fashion Week and Anna Wintour, the editor of Vogue's American edition, insisted on taking the actress out to dinner with her fashion icons Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano. She also met designer Louboutin and she was so in awe of his classic shoe creations, he named a pair after the blonde beauty.
Lively says, "We started the season of 'Gossip Girl' in Paris which was exciting enough but we were there during Couture Fashion Week. She (Wintour) said, 'Which design houses do you love?' and I said I love Chanel and Dior and she said, 'Okay, we're going to dinner with Karl and John then'. It was unbelievable. So I got to spend time with Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano. I got a Vespa tour of Paris with Christian Louboutin."
"He named a shoe after me. I went to his atelier (work studio) and I was walking around and I was like, 'Every shoe here is so beautiful' and I saw this one pair and I said 'I've never seen anything that good.' He said, 'You love it?' "
"And I said, 'I want to sleep with it under my pillow every night!' He said, 'We're naming it The Blake then.' It was insane - like my greatest accomplishment. it was the most magical week."
More Blake Lively News
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip