Jane Lynch Vowed to Come Out Because of Ellen DeGeneres
"Glee" actress Jane Lynch vowed to "come out" after TV host Ellen DeGeneres inspired her by publicly discussing her sexuality. The TV star, who married her partner Lara Embry in May, spent years hiding the truth about her preferences and was terrified of her secret becoming public.
But when DeGeneres came out after appearing on the cover of Time magazine in 1997, Lynch felt it was time to do the same. She tells DeGeneres, "I used to lay in bed and go, 'How will I come out or will I come out?' You were at the height of your fame and you came out. And that just blazed a trail for me. It really did. It made it so much easier for me, what you did."
Lynch also admits she found coming out easier because she isn't an A-list Hollywood star, saying "It's because I'm a character actor, I think. If Julia Roberts were gay, I think it would be harder. She's an ingenue."
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights
- Madonna Admits She's 'Difficult to Work With' in Promo for Showtime Special