Jane Lynch Vowed to Come Out Because of Ellen DeGeneres
"Glee" actress Jane Lynch vowed to "come out" after TV host Ellen DeGeneres inspired her by publicly discussing her sexuality. The TV star, who married her partner Lara Embry in May, spent years hiding the truth about her preferences and was terrified of her secret becoming public.
But when DeGeneres came out after appearing on the cover of Time magazine in 1997, Lynch felt it was time to do the same. She tells DeGeneres, "I used to lay in bed and go, 'How will I come out or will I come out?' You were at the height of your fame and you came out. And that just blazed a trail for me. It really did. It made it so much easier for me, what you did."
Lynch also admits she found coming out easier because she isn't an A-list Hollywood star, saying "It's because I'm a character actor, I think. If Julia Roberts were gay, I think it would be harder. She's an ingenue."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group