Jane Lynch Vowed to Come Out Because of Ellen DeGeneres
"Glee" actress Jane Lynch vowed to "come out" after TV host Ellen DeGeneres inspired her by publicly discussing her sexuality. The TV star, who married her partner Lara Embry in May, spent years hiding the truth about her preferences and was terrified of her secret becoming public.
But when DeGeneres came out after appearing on the cover of Time magazine in 1997, Lynch felt it was time to do the same. She tells DeGeneres, "I used to lay in bed and go, 'How will I come out or will I come out?' You were at the height of your fame and you came out. And that just blazed a trail for me. It really did. It made it so much easier for me, what you did."
Lynch also admits she found coming out easier because she isn't an A-list Hollywood star, saying "It's because I'm a character actor, I think. If Julia Roberts were gay, I think it would be harder. She's an ingenue."
- Comic-Con: 'Once Upon a Time' Season 7 Gets October Premiere Date
- Watch John Boyega Pilot a Jaeger in 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Teaser Promo
- 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Official Title and Teaser Are Unveiled
- Comic-Con: 'Teen Wolf' Season 6B Debuts New Trailer, Dylan O'Brien Makes Surprise Panelist
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Linkin Park Releases 'Talking to Myself' Video Before Reports of Chester Bennington's Death - Watch
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character