Billy Boyd Proposes His Cameo Role for 'The Hobbit'
"Lord of the Rings" star Billy Boyd wants to appear in the upcoming "The Hobbit" movie - in a disguised cameo role. The actor played a mythical Hobbit in the trilogy alongside Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood and Sean Astin, but none of the actors are featured in the movie adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's prequel novel.
But even though the film takes place before his "Lord of the Rings" character was even born, Boyd's keen to convince producer Peter Jackson to allow him to appear in another guise.
He says, "The story of The Hobbit happens 60 years before Lord of the Rings, so all the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings - Sam, Pippin, Merry and Frodo - aren't born. Knowing Pete, and if we're all free, we might show up as each other's fathers or in a quick scene."
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport