Billy Boyd Proposes His Cameo Role for 'The Hobbit'
"Lord of the Rings" star Billy Boyd wants to appear in the upcoming "The Hobbit" movie - in a disguised cameo role. The actor played a mythical Hobbit in the trilogy alongside Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood and Sean Astin, but none of the actors are featured in the movie adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's prequel novel.
But even though the film takes place before his "Lord of the Rings" character was even born, Boyd's keen to convince producer Peter Jackson to allow him to appear in another guise.
He says, "The story of The Hobbit happens 60 years before Lord of the Rings, so all the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings - Sam, Pippin, Merry and Frodo - aren't born. Knowing Pete, and if we're all free, we might show up as each other's fathers or in a quick scene."
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'