Wynonna Judd Drops 60 Pounds by 'Meditative Walking'
Country star Wynonna Judd has shed 60 pounds (27.2 kilograms) by "walking in the wilderness" and meditating. The former heavyweight singer showed off her slimline new look on Tuesday's "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in America, and confessed she "went to hell and back" in an effort to get healthy.
She says, "In my darkest hour I had a choice to make - I could be a victim or a victor - and I just started walking in the wilderness and screaming at God... and I just kept walking and the next thing I know I like to walk, so I call it meditative walking versus 'I've gotta be in the Olympics'."
"I got some books, I went into a recovery programme of just showing up and talking about everything from men to money to food, whatever." The Love Can Build a Bridge singer adds, "I feel like I finally got it. I turned 45, went through a horrible divorce and I sent my daughter to an empowerment programme... and I lost my family and I gained myself because I was all alone with God... I was bitter and resentful... I was a walking timebomb."
"I'm in a really good place." Judd admits she's finally learning to love her body, "I don't look in the mirror and go, 'You suck!' The other day a guy half my age asked me out and I said, 'I admire your courage...' Let's just put it this way, I'm on fire."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says