New Pornographers Forced to Cancel Gig Due to Name
Cult rockers The New Pornographers have been forced to scrap a college gig in Michigan - because of their name. The group, fronted by acclaimed singer/songwriter A.C. Newman, was scheduled to perform at Calvin College on October 15 but the school's Christian officials have vetoed the gig.
A statement from the college reads, "After weeks of discussion and consideration, the irony of the band's name was impossible to explain to many. The band's name, to some, is mistakenly associated with pornography. Consequently, Calvin, to some, was mistakenly associated with pornography. Neither the college nor the band endorses pornography."
Calvin student activities director Ken Heffner, who books concerts for the college, said the cancellation is a "peaceful parting of ways" between the school and the band. Refunds for those who have bought the tickets would be issued starting Tuesday, September 14.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!