Doris Roberts Denies Hating Betty White
"Everybody Loves Raymond" actress Doris Roberts has laughed off rumors she hates rival veteran Betty White - hailing the star as a "leader" for senior citizen celebrities. The beloved 79 year old was reported to be jealous of the "Golden Girls" star's recent return to favor, which has seen her land a string of acting roles and a hosting slot on hit U.S. sketch show "Saturday Night Live" at the age of 88.
But Roberts, who played Ray Romano's fussing mother on the now defunct sitcom, is adamant she has nothing but admiration for her aging peer. She tells UsMagazine.com. "Why would I not want the best for her? She's great! I admire her tremendously."
She adds, "I'm so pleased that things are happening for her, because she's showing us that anybody over the age of 50 is perfectly capable of doing all these things. She's our leader."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart