Doris Roberts Denies Hating Betty White
"Everybody Loves Raymond" actress Doris Roberts has laughed off rumors she hates rival veteran Betty White - hailing the star as a "leader" for senior citizen celebrities. The beloved 79 year old was reported to be jealous of the "Golden Girls" star's recent return to favor, which has seen her land a string of acting roles and a hosting slot on hit U.S. sketch show "Saturday Night Live" at the age of 88.
But Roberts, who played Ray Romano's fussing mother on the now defunct sitcom, is adamant she has nothing but admiration for her aging peer. She tells UsMagazine.com. "Why would I not want the best for her? She's great! I admire her tremendously."
She adds, "I'm so pleased that things are happening for her, because she's showing us that anybody over the age of 50 is perfectly capable of doing all these things. She's our leader."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes