Doris Roberts Denies Hating Betty White
"Everybody Loves Raymond" actress Doris Roberts has laughed off rumors she hates rival veteran Betty White - hailing the star as a "leader" for senior citizen celebrities. The beloved 79 year old was reported to be jealous of the "Golden Girls" star's recent return to favor, which has seen her land a string of acting roles and a hosting slot on hit U.S. sketch show "Saturday Night Live" at the age of 88.
But Roberts, who played Ray Romano's fussing mother on the now defunct sitcom, is adamant she has nothing but admiration for her aging peer. She tells UsMagazine.com. "Why would I not want the best for her? She's great! I admire her tremendously."
She adds, "I'm so pleased that things are happening for her, because she's showing us that anybody over the age of 50 is perfectly capable of doing all these things. She's our leader."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences