Doris Roberts Denies Hating Betty White
"Everybody Loves Raymond" actress Doris Roberts has laughed off rumors she hates rival veteran Betty White - hailing the star as a "leader" for senior citizen celebrities. The beloved 79 year old was reported to be jealous of the "Golden Girls" star's recent return to favor, which has seen her land a string of acting roles and a hosting slot on hit U.S. sketch show "Saturday Night Live" at the age of 88.
But Roberts, who played Ray Romano's fussing mother on the now defunct sitcom, is adamant she has nothing but admiration for her aging peer. She tells UsMagazine.com. "Why would I not want the best for her? She's great! I admire her tremendously."
She adds, "I'm so pleased that things are happening for her, because she's showing us that anybody over the age of 50 is perfectly capable of doing all these things. She's our leader."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame