Doris Roberts Denies Hating Betty White
"Everybody Loves Raymond" actress Doris Roberts has laughed off rumors she hates rival veteran Betty White - hailing the star as a "leader" for senior citizen celebrities. The beloved 79 year old was reported to be jealous of the "Golden Girls" star's recent return to favor, which has seen her land a string of acting roles and a hosting slot on hit U.S. sketch show "Saturday Night Live" at the age of 88.
But Roberts, who played Ray Romano's fussing mother on the now defunct sitcom, is adamant she has nothing but admiration for her aging peer. She tells UsMagazine.com. "Why would I not want the best for her? She's great! I admire her tremendously."
She adds, "I'm so pleased that things are happening for her, because she's showing us that anybody over the age of 50 is perfectly capable of doing all these things. She's our leader."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal