Wynonna Judd Won't Speak of Ex-Husband's Sexual Battery Case
Country star Wynonna Judd refuses to speak about her ex-husband's sexual battery conviction, because she knows the young victim. D.R. Roach was arrested for the sexual assault of a pre-teen in March 2007, while Judd was touring - and she admits the scandal took her completely by surprise.
She insists she has since forgiven Roach for what he put her through - but she'll never forget what he did. Now she can only wait for his victim to come of age and speak out about what transpired - because she doesn't feel comfortable going into detail about what happened to a child she knows.
Speaking to Oprah Winfrey on U.S. TV on Tuesday, September 14, the singer admitted she feels for the family involved in the scandal: "They're in a process and I had to separate from it or it would have killed me... That's what's so scary, it is someone that you know... There's trust there, there's a bond."
"This story is so deep and wide, there's more to it than I can tell you, just because it's a child I won't speak about it; it's their story when they're ready to talk about it." But Judd still lives with the nightmare of learning her then-husband had a sick streak: "He was out of the house within the hour. I set really strong boundaries... I trusted him with my life."
"I called him everything I could think of. I had a moment when I let it all fly and then it was done... I just moved forward. He's in recovery and he's sober and that's what matters to me now... I haven't forgotten but I have forgiven... I don't wish him dead or anything like that, I just wish to be one of those people that doesn't spend my life being defined by that."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart