Wynonna Judd Won't Speak of Ex-Husband's Sexual Battery Case
Country star Wynonna Judd refuses to speak about her ex-husband's sexual battery conviction, because she knows the young victim. D.R. Roach was arrested for the sexual assault of a pre-teen in March 2007, while Judd was touring - and she admits the scandal took her completely by surprise.
She insists she has since forgiven Roach for what he put her through - but she'll never forget what he did. Now she can only wait for his victim to come of age and speak out about what transpired - because she doesn't feel comfortable going into detail about what happened to a child she knows.
Speaking to Oprah Winfrey on U.S. TV on Tuesday, September 14, the singer admitted she feels for the family involved in the scandal: "They're in a process and I had to separate from it or it would have killed me... That's what's so scary, it is someone that you know... There's trust there, there's a bond."
"This story is so deep and wide, there's more to it than I can tell you, just because it's a child I won't speak about it; it's their story when they're ready to talk about it." But Judd still lives with the nightmare of learning her then-husband had a sick streak: "He was out of the house within the hour. I set really strong boundaries... I trusted him with my life."
"I called him everything I could think of. I had a moment when I let it all fly and then it was done... I just moved forward. He's in recovery and he's sober and that's what matters to me now... I haven't forgotten but I have forgiven... I don't wish him dead or anything like that, I just wish to be one of those people that doesn't spend my life being defined by that."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal