Wynonna Judd Won't Speak of Ex-Husband's Sexual Battery Case
Country star Wynonna Judd refuses to speak about her ex-husband's sexual battery conviction, because she knows the young victim. D.R. Roach was arrested for the sexual assault of a pre-teen in March 2007, while Judd was touring - and she admits the scandal took her completely by surprise.
She insists she has since forgiven Roach for what he put her through - but she'll never forget what he did. Now she can only wait for his victim to come of age and speak out about what transpired - because she doesn't feel comfortable going into detail about what happened to a child she knows.
Speaking to Oprah Winfrey on U.S. TV on Tuesday, September 14, the singer admitted she feels for the family involved in the scandal: "They're in a process and I had to separate from it or it would have killed me... That's what's so scary, it is someone that you know... There's trust there, there's a bond."
"This story is so deep and wide, there's more to it than I can tell you, just because it's a child I won't speak about it; it's their story when they're ready to talk about it." But Judd still lives with the nightmare of learning her then-husband had a sick streak: "He was out of the house within the hour. I set really strong boundaries... I trusted him with my life."
"I called him everything I could think of. I had a moment when I let it all fly and then it was done... I just moved forward. He's in recovery and he's sober and that's what matters to me now... I haven't forgotten but I have forgiven... I don't wish him dead or anything like that, I just wish to be one of those people that doesn't spend my life being defined by that."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones