Placido Domingo Chosen as Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year
Opera star Placido Domingo is to receive the Person of the Year prize from the Latin Recording Academy on November 10. The Spanish tenor has been chosen for his professional and philanthropic achievements and will be honored at an all-star ceremony in Las Vegas on the eve of the Latin Grammy Awards.
"We are privileged to pay tribute to one of the most respected musical voices of our time, as well as a man whose selflessness has benefited many around the world," said Gabriel Abaroa, President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy, on Domingo.
Other recipients of the top honor have included Julio Iglesias and Carlos Santana. This year's Latin Grammy Awards will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!