Placido Domingo Chosen as Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year
Opera star Placido Domingo is to receive the Person of the Year prize from the Latin Recording Academy on November 10. The Spanish tenor has been chosen for his professional and philanthropic achievements and will be honored at an all-star ceremony in Las Vegas on the eve of the Latin Grammy Awards.
"We are privileged to pay tribute to one of the most respected musical voices of our time, as well as a man whose selflessness has benefited many around the world," said Gabriel Abaroa, President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy, on Domingo.
Other recipients of the top honor have included Julio Iglesias and Carlos Santana. This year's Latin Grammy Awards will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack