Placido Domingo Chosen as Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year
Opera star Placido Domingo is to receive the Person of the Year prize from the Latin Recording Academy on November 10. The Spanish tenor has been chosen for his professional and philanthropic achievements and will be honored at an all-star ceremony in Las Vegas on the eve of the Latin Grammy Awards.
"We are privileged to pay tribute to one of the most respected musical voices of our time, as well as a man whose selflessness has benefited many around the world," said Gabriel Abaroa, President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy, on Domingo.
Other recipients of the top honor have included Julio Iglesias and Carlos Santana. This year's Latin Grammy Awards will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby