Placido Domingo Chosen as Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year
Opera star Placido Domingo is to receive the Person of the Year prize from the Latin Recording Academy on November 10. The Spanish tenor has been chosen for his professional and philanthropic achievements and will be honored at an all-star ceremony in Las Vegas on the eve of the Latin Grammy Awards.
"We are privileged to pay tribute to one of the most respected musical voices of our time, as well as a man whose selflessness has benefited many around the world," said Gabriel Abaroa, President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy, on Domingo.
Other recipients of the top honor have included Julio Iglesias and Carlos Santana. This year's Latin Grammy Awards will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers