Placido Domingo Chosen as Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year
Opera star Placido Domingo is to receive the Person of the Year prize from the Latin Recording Academy on November 10. The Spanish tenor has been chosen for his professional and philanthropic achievements and will be honored at an all-star ceremony in Las Vegas on the eve of the Latin Grammy Awards.
"We are privileged to pay tribute to one of the most respected musical voices of our time, as well as a man whose selflessness has benefited many around the world," said Gabriel Abaroa, President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy, on Domingo.
Other recipients of the top honor have included Julio Iglesias and Carlos Santana. This year's Latin Grammy Awards will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts