Incarcerated Lil Boosie Accuses Authority of Attacking Hip Hop
Incarcerated rapper Lil Boosie has accused authorities of singling him out for his legal troubles and targeting him as part of an "attack against hip-hop" as he fights against his latest conviction for first degree murder. The hip-hop star, real name Torrence Hatch, is currently serving a four-year sentence for violating his parole when he was busted on gun and drug counts last year.
He is also due to stand trial amid allegations he was involved in the shooting death of Terry Boyd, who was killed at his home in Louisiana in October 2009. Boosie entered a not guilty plea following his indictment in June and he has now hit out at police detectives for what he claims is an ongoing and "unjust" clamp down on hip-hop culture and lifestyle.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "I'm innocent; I'm completely innocent. My situation is one that is unjust, unfair and based on an attack against hip-hop and rap as a whole." But he is grateful for the long-standing support he's received from his closest friends and relatives as he works to clear his name. He says, "Even through these circumstances my family, labels and fans have stood by me and I thank you for that."
Six other men have been charged over their alleged involvement in Boyd's killing, and two of them are also facing a first degree murder charge. If convicted of first degree murder, the rapper could face the death penalty, according to prosecutors.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- James Franco and Seth Rogen Are Developing '90s Teen Drama for Hulu
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers