Incarcerated Lil Boosie Accuses Authority of Attacking Hip Hop
Incarcerated rapper Lil Boosie has accused authorities of singling him out for his legal troubles and targeting him as part of an "attack against hip-hop" as he fights against his latest conviction for first degree murder. The hip-hop star, real name Torrence Hatch, is currently serving a four-year sentence for violating his parole when he was busted on gun and drug counts last year.
He is also due to stand trial amid allegations he was involved in the shooting death of Terry Boyd, who was killed at his home in Louisiana in October 2009. Boosie entered a not guilty plea following his indictment in June and he has now hit out at police detectives for what he claims is an ongoing and "unjust" clamp down on hip-hop culture and lifestyle.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "I'm innocent; I'm completely innocent. My situation is one that is unjust, unfair and based on an attack against hip-hop and rap as a whole." But he is grateful for the long-standing support he's received from his closest friends and relatives as he works to clear his name. He says, "Even through these circumstances my family, labels and fans have stood by me and I thank you for that."
Six other men have been charged over their alleged involvement in Boyd's killing, and two of them are also facing a first degree murder charge. If convicted of first degree murder, the rapper could face the death penalty, according to prosecutors.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It