Incarcerated Lil Boosie Accuses Authority of Attacking Hip Hop
Incarcerated rapper Lil Boosie has accused authorities of singling him out for his legal troubles and targeting him as part of an "attack against hip-hop" as he fights against his latest conviction for first degree murder. The hip-hop star, real name Torrence Hatch, is currently serving a four-year sentence for violating his parole when he was busted on gun and drug counts last year.
He is also due to stand trial amid allegations he was involved in the shooting death of Terry Boyd, who was killed at his home in Louisiana in October 2009. Boosie entered a not guilty plea following his indictment in June and he has now hit out at police detectives for what he claims is an ongoing and "unjust" clamp down on hip-hop culture and lifestyle.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "I'm innocent; I'm completely innocent. My situation is one that is unjust, unfair and based on an attack against hip-hop and rap as a whole." But he is grateful for the long-standing support he's received from his closest friends and relatives as he works to clear his name. He says, "Even through these circumstances my family, labels and fans have stood by me and I thank you for that."
Six other men have been charged over their alleged involvement in Boyd's killing, and two of them are also facing a first degree murder charge. If convicted of first degree murder, the rapper could face the death penalty, according to prosecutors.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?