Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith Set for John Lennon All-Star Tribute Concert
Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith have signed up to headline a tribute concert in honor of The Beatles legend John Lennon. The Fab Four star, who was gunned down outside his home in New York City in 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9 this year.
Several events have been planned to mark the day, including a special movie tribute at Filmfest Hamburg and the re-release of eight of Lennon's solo records, which have been digitally remastered by his widow Yoko Ono. And the celebrations of Lennon's life are continuing into November, with a special one-off show in New York.
Lauper and Smith will take to the Beacon Theatre's stage, along with other stars including Jackson Browne and Shelby Lynne, according to the Associated Press. Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Playing for Change Foundation, which promotes peace with music.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video