Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith Set for John Lennon All-Star Tribute Concert
Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith have signed up to headline a tribute concert in honor of The Beatles legend John Lennon. The Fab Four star, who was gunned down outside his home in New York City in 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9 this year.
Several events have been planned to mark the day, including a special movie tribute at Filmfest Hamburg and the re-release of eight of Lennon's solo records, which have been digitally remastered by his widow Yoko Ono. And the celebrations of Lennon's life are continuing into November, with a special one-off show in New York.
Lauper and Smith will take to the Beacon Theatre's stage, along with other stars including Jackson Browne and Shelby Lynne, according to the Associated Press. Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Playing for Change Foundation, which promotes peace with music.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'