Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith Set for John Lennon All-Star Tribute Concert
Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith have signed up to headline a tribute concert in honor of The Beatles legend John Lennon. The Fab Four star, who was gunned down outside his home in New York City in 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9 this year.
Several events have been planned to mark the day, including a special movie tribute at Filmfest Hamburg and the re-release of eight of Lennon's solo records, which have been digitally remastered by his widow Yoko Ono. And the celebrations of Lennon's life are continuing into November, with a special one-off show in New York.
Lauper and Smith will take to the Beacon Theatre's stage, along with other stars including Jackson Browne and Shelby Lynne, according to the Associated Press. Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Playing for Change Foundation, which promotes peace with music.
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash