Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith Set for John Lennon All-Star Tribute Concert
Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith have signed up to headline a tribute concert in honor of The Beatles legend John Lennon. The Fab Four star, who was gunned down outside his home in New York City in 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9 this year.
Several events have been planned to mark the day, including a special movie tribute at Filmfest Hamburg and the re-release of eight of Lennon's solo records, which have been digitally remastered by his widow Yoko Ono. And the celebrations of Lennon's life are continuing into November, with a special one-off show in New York.
Lauper and Smith will take to the Beacon Theatre's stage, along with other stars including Jackson Browne and Shelby Lynne, according to the Associated Press. Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Playing for Change Foundation, which promotes peace with music.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle