Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith Set for John Lennon All-Star Tribute Concert
Cyndi Lauper and Patti Smith have signed up to headline a tribute concert in honor of The Beatles legend John Lennon. The Fab Four star, who was gunned down outside his home in New York City in 1980, would have turned 70 on October 9 this year.
Several events have been planned to mark the day, including a special movie tribute at Filmfest Hamburg and the re-release of eight of Lennon's solo records, which have been digitally remastered by his widow Yoko Ono. And the celebrations of Lennon's life are continuing into November, with a special one-off show in New York.
Lauper and Smith will take to the Beacon Theatre's stage, along with other stars including Jackson Browne and Shelby Lynne, according to the Associated Press. Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Playing for Change Foundation, which promotes peace with music.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge