Petey Pablo Explained How Gun Was Found in His Bag
Rapper Petey Pablo's representative has explained his weekend arrest on gun charges, insisting the star was only in possession of the weapon as a friend had threatened to "do something crazy" with the firearm.
The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was apprehended at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina on Saturday, September 11 after security officers allegedly found a gun in his carry-on luggage. The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was charged with felony gun possession and carrying a concealed, stolen weapon and was later released on $50,000 bail.
Now his rep has spoken out to clear up the rumors surrounding the arrest, revealing that the gun did not belong to the rapper. The spokesperson tells TMZ.com that Pablo forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal who was threatening to use the weapon.
The star is due back in Wake County Court, North Carolina on October 4.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms