Petey Pablo Explained How Gun Was Found in His Bag
Rapper Petey Pablo's representative has explained his weekend arrest on gun charges, insisting the star was only in possession of the weapon as a friend had threatened to "do something crazy" with the firearm.
The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was apprehended at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina on Saturday, September 11 after security officers allegedly found a gun in his carry-on luggage. The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was charged with felony gun possession and carrying a concealed, stolen weapon and was later released on $50,000 bail.
Now his rep has spoken out to clear up the rumors surrounding the arrest, revealing that the gun did not belong to the rapper. The spokesperson tells TMZ.com that Pablo forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal who was threatening to use the weapon.
The star is due back in Wake County Court, North Carolina on October 4.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs