Petey Pablo Explained How Gun Was Found in His Bag
Rapper Petey Pablo's representative has explained his weekend arrest on gun charges, insisting the star was only in possession of the weapon as a friend had threatened to "do something crazy" with the firearm.
The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was apprehended at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina on Saturday, September 11 after security officers allegedly found a gun in his carry-on luggage. The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was charged with felony gun possession and carrying a concealed, stolen weapon and was later released on $50,000 bail.
Now his rep has spoken out to clear up the rumors surrounding the arrest, revealing that the gun did not belong to the rapper. The spokesperson tells TMZ.com that Pablo forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal who was threatening to use the weapon.
The star is due back in Wake County Court, North Carolina on October 4.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift