Petey Pablo Explained How Gun Was Found in His Bag
Rapper Petey Pablo's representative has explained his weekend arrest on gun charges, insisting the star was only in possession of the weapon as a friend had threatened to "do something crazy" with the firearm.
The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was apprehended at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina on Saturday, September 11 after security officers allegedly found a gun in his carry-on luggage. The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was charged with felony gun possession and carrying a concealed, stolen weapon and was later released on $50,000 bail.
Now his rep has spoken out to clear up the rumors surrounding the arrest, revealing that the gun did not belong to the rapper. The spokesperson tells TMZ.com that Pablo forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal who was threatening to use the weapon.
The star is due back in Wake County Court, North Carolina on October 4.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal