Petey Pablo Explained How Gun Was Found in His Bag
Rapper Petey Pablo's representative has explained his weekend arrest on gun charges, insisting the star was only in possession of the weapon as a friend had threatened to "do something crazy" with the firearm.
The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was apprehended at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina on Saturday, September 11 after security officers allegedly found a gun in his carry-on luggage. The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was charged with felony gun possession and carrying a concealed, stolen weapon and was later released on $50,000 bail.
Now his rep has spoken out to clear up the rumors surrounding the arrest, revealing that the gun did not belong to the rapper. The spokesperson tells TMZ.com that Pablo forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal who was threatening to use the weapon.
The star is due back in Wake County Court, North Carolina on October 4.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris