Anne Hathaway's Jewelry Given by Con Ex Are Auctioned
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her ex-fiance, conman Raffaello Follieri, will be auctioned off later this month. The Italian businessman was sentenced to four-and-a-half years behind bars in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
Hathaway, who dumped Follieri shortly before he was arrested by federal authorities, was subsequently forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year romance for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
Items included Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace, two rings and a Louis Vuitton box - and they will go under the hammer on auction website txauction.com on September 28, according to the New York Daily News.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army