Anne Hathaway's Jewelry Given by Con Ex Are Auctioned
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her ex-fiance, conman Raffaello Follieri, will be auctioned off later this month. The Italian businessman was sentenced to four-and-a-half years behind bars in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
Hathaway, who dumped Follieri shortly before he was arrested by federal authorities, was subsequently forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year romance for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
Items included Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace, two rings and a Louis Vuitton box - and they will go under the hammer on auction website txauction.com on September 28, according to the New York Daily News.
More Anne Hathaway News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos