Anne Hathaway's Jewelry Given by Con Ex Are Auctioned
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her ex-fiance, conman Raffaello Follieri, will be auctioned off later this month. The Italian businessman was sentenced to four-and-a-half years behind bars in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
Hathaway, who dumped Follieri shortly before he was arrested by federal authorities, was subsequently forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year romance for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
Items included Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace, two rings and a Louis Vuitton box - and they will go under the hammer on auction website txauction.com on September 28, according to the New York Daily News.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards