Anne Hathaway's Jewelry Given by Con Ex Are Auctioned
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her ex-fiance, conman Raffaello Follieri, will be auctioned off later this month. The Italian businessman was sentenced to four-and-a-half years behind bars in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
Hathaway, who dumped Follieri shortly before he was arrested by federal authorities, was subsequently forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year romance for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
Items included Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace, two rings and a Louis Vuitton box - and they will go under the hammer on auction website txauction.com on September 28, according to the New York Daily News.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance