One of Rod Stewart's Unborn Twins May Have 'Killer Cells'
Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster could have been expecting twins next year - but doctors believe "killer cells" terminated a foetus. The rocker's wife is pregnant with the couple's second child, which is due in March, and revealed over the weekend that they battled for two years to fall pregnant before turning to in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments.
After conceiving, Lancaster was warned she had cells which attacked her unborn baby - and now she confesses medics told her the condition could have already killed her new child's twin. She tells Britain's The Sun, "When I got the positive pregnancy test I found out the killer cells were becoming aggressive. When they (the doctors) found out about the killer cells, they put me on a course of steroids which helped suppress them. They concluded there might have been more than one baby, but the killer cells got to one of them."
And the model admits it was a huge shock to have to undergo fertility treatment - despite suffering a miscarriage before she had her four-year-old son Alistair. She adds, "When we first decided to have children I fell pregnant and sadly had a miscarriage. The very next month I fell pregnant with Alastair. It was the most natural process. Everything went smoothly and I had a natural birth, so there was no reason to assume we'd have difficulty conceiving again."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge