One of Rod Stewart's Unborn Twins May Have 'Killer Cells'
Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster could have been expecting twins next year - but doctors believe "killer cells" terminated a foetus. The rocker's wife is pregnant with the couple's second child, which is due in March, and revealed over the weekend that they battled for two years to fall pregnant before turning to in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments.
After conceiving, Lancaster was warned she had cells which attacked her unborn baby - and now she confesses medics told her the condition could have already killed her new child's twin. She tells Britain's The Sun, "When I got the positive pregnancy test I found out the killer cells were becoming aggressive. When they (the doctors) found out about the killer cells, they put me on a course of steroids which helped suppress them. They concluded there might have been more than one baby, but the killer cells got to one of them."
And the model admits it was a huge shock to have to undergo fertility treatment - despite suffering a miscarriage before she had her four-year-old son Alistair. She adds, "When we first decided to have children I fell pregnant and sadly had a miscarriage. The very next month I fell pregnant with Alastair. It was the most natural process. Everything went smoothly and I had a natural birth, so there was no reason to assume we'd have difficulty conceiving again."
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo