One of Rod Stewart's Unborn Twins May Have 'Killer Cells'
Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster could have been expecting twins next year - but doctors believe "killer cells" terminated a foetus. The rocker's wife is pregnant with the couple's second child, which is due in March, and revealed over the weekend that they battled for two years to fall pregnant before turning to in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments.
After conceiving, Lancaster was warned she had cells which attacked her unborn baby - and now she confesses medics told her the condition could have already killed her new child's twin. She tells Britain's The Sun, "When I got the positive pregnancy test I found out the killer cells were becoming aggressive. When they (the doctors) found out about the killer cells, they put me on a course of steroids which helped suppress them. They concluded there might have been more than one baby, but the killer cells got to one of them."
And the model admits it was a huge shock to have to undergo fertility treatment - despite suffering a miscarriage before she had her four-year-old son Alistair. She adds, "When we first decided to have children I fell pregnant and sadly had a miscarriage. The very next month I fell pregnant with Alastair. It was the most natural process. Everything went smoothly and I had a natural birth, so there was no reason to assume we'd have difficulty conceiving again."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie