Don Johnson Returned Oprah's Glasses 24 Years Later
Former "Miami Vice" star Don Johnson stunned Oprah Winfrey on the premiere episode of the 25th and final season of talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" by returning her rhinestone sunglasses.
Winfrey sent Johnson her favorite accessories in a bid to persuade him to become her first guest when the show started in 1986, but he turned her down - prompting her to come up with the idea of making her show all about normal people, not just celebrities. On Monday, September 13 the talk show queen told her audience, "They were all the rage and they cost a fortune..." as Johnson stepped out onstage to surprise her.
He joked, "I know it has taken me about 24 years to get these back to you... For clarity, I was shooting 18-20 hours a day at the time and it's not that I didn't wanna come, they (producers) wouldn't let me come. But I understand things have been going OK for you... You're the greatest."
Johnson wasn't the only star guest on the premiere show - John Travolta waltzed Oprah out at the beginning of the programme and then helped the host announce a surprise Australia trip for her audience members, while one of her favorite singers, Paul Simon, closed the first of her farewell shows by revamping a song he wrote for Winfrey's 10th season.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns