Don Johnson Returned Oprah's Glasses 24 Years Later
Former "Miami Vice" star Don Johnson stunned Oprah Winfrey on the premiere episode of the 25th and final season of talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" by returning her rhinestone sunglasses.
Winfrey sent Johnson her favorite accessories in a bid to persuade him to become her first guest when the show started in 1986, but he turned her down - prompting her to come up with the idea of making her show all about normal people, not just celebrities. On Monday, September 13 the talk show queen told her audience, "They were all the rage and they cost a fortune..." as Johnson stepped out onstage to surprise her.
He joked, "I know it has taken me about 24 years to get these back to you... For clarity, I was shooting 18-20 hours a day at the time and it's not that I didn't wanna come, they (producers) wouldn't let me come. But I understand things have been going OK for you... You're the greatest."
Johnson wasn't the only star guest on the premiere show - John Travolta waltzed Oprah out at the beginning of the programme and then helped the host announce a surprise Australia trip for her audience members, while one of her favorite singers, Paul Simon, closed the first of her farewell shows by revamping a song he wrote for Winfrey's 10th season.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent