Lindsay Lohan's Doctors Investigated for Prescribed Drugs
The doctors who prescribed the drugs that landed Lindsay Lohan in trouble are under investigation by Medical Board of California officials. The medical experts have met with the actress' father Michael Lohan and his lawyer Lisa Bloom as they open the case on her physicians, who Lohan insists misdiagnosed his daughter.
Bloom sent a letter to the California Attorney General back in July, asking for an investigation into "the unscrupulous doctors (who) overprescribe medications...," according to TMZ.com. That letter sparked the investigation.
Reports suggest Lindsay was taking Dilaudid, Adderall, Nexium, Zoloft, Trazodone and Ambien for various medical conditions when she checked into a rehab facility following a prison spell this summer. Medics have since determined she had been misdiagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and prescribed medication she should not have taken.
Bloom tells TMZ.com, "The Medical Board is investigating and Michael and I are co-operating with them."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!