Stephen Fry Criticizes Tony Blair for Iraq War
Stephen Fry has blasted former British Prime Minister Tony Blair over the war in Iraq, insisting the politician made the decision to send in troops while there was a "storm" raging in his mind. The actor and funnyman launched his new memoirs, "The Fry Chronicles", on Monday, September 13 and used the opportunity to take aim at Blair, whose story of his time in power - "A Journey" - was released earlier this month.
Fry admits he picked up a copy of the book but struggled to read it as he is still upset about Blair's decision to invade Iraq. He tells Sky News, "I started to read it... I find I stare at the ceiling quite a lot with my eyes watering and my mouth making shapes that, if you were a lip-reader, you would find obscene. I found it very, very odd."
"I think something peculiar happened inside. I think he had a little bit of a storm in his brain, didn't he? And something went wrong, and we are all very sorry and we are all tiptoeing round his bed and wishing him the best and hoping he recovers very soon."
Fry also joked he is concerned about the public's reaction to his own memoirs after Blair was pelted with missiles by anti-war protesters during a recent book signing in Dublin, Ireland. He adds, "Let's hope people won't be throwing eggs at me. I'm sure I have done many bad things in my life but starting a war in the Middle East isn't one of them, I am happy to say."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart