Kanye West and Taylor Swift Met Backstage at MTV VMAs
Kanye West cleared the air with Taylor Swift backstage at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, September 12 after learning she was set to debut a song she'd written about his stage invasion at the event in 2009.
The country sweetheart's big moment at last year's prizegiving was ruined when West stormed the stage and protested her Best Female Video win, her very first VMA honor. She was left in tears by the shocking incident but channeled her emotions into new track "Innocent", which was written in the wake of the controversy after West apologized for his actions.
West personally reached out to Swift before she took to the stage at Sunday's ceremony in Los Angeles and the two stars put their past differences behind them during a meeting in the youngster's dressing room.
A source tells UsMagazine.com, "Kanye got word she was going to do the song about him and wanted to talk it out. Taylor felt bad. They talked and everything is good between them now. But they promised to keep what they spoke about between them."
West closed the 2010 VMAs by performing his new song "Runaway", in which he raps about showing remorse for acting like a fool.
More Kanye West News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered