Boxer Ricky Hatton to Enter Rehab Following Cocaine Photo
British boxing star Ricky Hartton is "facing the biggest fight" of his life after he vowed to enter rehab amid allegations he is hooked on cocaine. Photographs obtained by Britain's News of the World purportedly showed the former WBA Welterweight Champion pouring a white substance on a tabletop and cutting up lines, before bending over and snorting it.
Irish national senior women's boxing champion Emma Bowe, who was with the star on the night the snaps were taken last month, told the publication that Hatton - known as The Hitman - would "kill himself" if he carried on with his current lifestyle. And the fighter has admitted he has a problem - apologizing to fans and insisting he will overcome his demons.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I've been in a bad place for some time. It's all down to me. I feel I have let everyone down especially all my fans in the country who have always supported me. I know I've got to make it better. I've now got the biggest fight of my life."
His publicist Max Clifford has announced that plans are being put in place for the ex-champ to seek help in rehab. The rep adds, "It's become apparent to those closest to him over recent weeks and months that Ricky had a drink problem. Clearly it was worse than that. His family are obviously very concerned for him and have become increasingly so."
"Ricky has given them an assurance he will go into rehab in a matter of days. I think it is fair to say, friends and family have been trying to warn him in recent times, for the last few months. And now they are all hoping this situation will bring him to his senses."
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama