Geoffrey Rush Touted to Join Musical 'Chaperone'
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush is in talks to take hit musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" to the movies, according to new reports. The Australian star will lead the cast of the comedy Broadway show when it's adapted for the big screen.
According to The Globe and Mail newspaper, screenwriter and director Don McKellar, who co-created the Tony-winning hit, has revealed Rush hopes to reprise the role of Man in Chair for the film. He played the narrator role in Australia earlier this year. McKellar says, "We saw him and he was excellent... We're pretty excited about being involved with him."
Rush is filming the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie where he's playing Captain Barbossa. He has completed a role in "The Eye of the Storm".
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry