Geoffrey Rush Touted to Join Musical 'Chaperone'
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush is in talks to take hit musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" to the movies, according to new reports. The Australian star will lead the cast of the comedy Broadway show when it's adapted for the big screen.
According to The Globe and Mail newspaper, screenwriter and director Don McKellar, who co-created the Tony-winning hit, has revealed Rush hopes to reprise the role of Man in Chair for the film. He played the narrator role in Australia earlier this year. McKellar says, "We saw him and he was excellent... We're pretty excited about being involved with him."
Rush is filming the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie where he's playing Captain Barbossa. He has completed a role in "The Eye of the Storm".
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof