Geoffrey Rush Touted to Join Musical 'Chaperone'
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush is in talks to take hit musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" to the movies, according to new reports. The Australian star will lead the cast of the comedy Broadway show when it's adapted for the big screen.
According to The Globe and Mail newspaper, screenwriter and director Don McKellar, who co-created the Tony-winning hit, has revealed Rush hopes to reprise the role of Man in Chair for the film. He played the narrator role in Australia earlier this year. McKellar says, "We saw him and he was excellent... We're pretty excited about being involved with him."
Rush is filming the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie where he's playing Captain Barbossa. He has completed a role in "The Eye of the Storm".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son