Geoffrey Rush Touted to Join Musical 'Chaperone'
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush is in talks to take hit musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" to the movies, according to new reports. The Australian star will lead the cast of the comedy Broadway show when it's adapted for the big screen.
According to The Globe and Mail newspaper, screenwriter and director Don McKellar, who co-created the Tony-winning hit, has revealed Rush hopes to reprise the role of Man in Chair for the film. He played the narrator role in Australia earlier this year. McKellar says, "We saw him and he was excellent... We're pretty excited about being involved with him."
Rush is filming the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie where he's playing Captain Barbossa. He has completed a role in "The Eye of the Storm".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic