Geoffrey Rush Touted to Join Musical 'Chaperone'
Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush is in talks to take hit musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" to the movies, according to new reports. The Australian star will lead the cast of the comedy Broadway show when it's adapted for the big screen.
According to The Globe and Mail newspaper, screenwriter and director Don McKellar, who co-created the Tony-winning hit, has revealed Rush hopes to reprise the role of Man in Chair for the film. He played the narrator role in Australia earlier this year. McKellar says, "We saw him and he was excellent... We're pretty excited about being involved with him."
Rush is filming the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie where he's playing Captain Barbossa. He has completed a role in "The Eye of the Storm".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie