Gemma Arterton Hoping for 'Alien' Role, Meeting Director
"Prince of Persia" star Gemma Arterton has confirmed she's in talks to lead a planned Ridley Scott film just days after her publicist shot down reports linking her to an "Alien" prequel.
The Brit addressed the rumors over the weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada, where she's promoting new film "Tamara Drewe". She told reporters, "The honest truth is that Ridley Scott has approached me to meet with him about something in the next few weeks."
And she hopes it's for Alien - as industry insiders have been suggesting for weeks: "I'd love to get buff. But maybe I'll be playing an alien! I wouldn't mind that, actually. I like dressing up. That's why I became an actor in the first place."
The original "Alien", which Scott directed, starred Sigourney Weaver as the leader of a team of scientists who encounter a killer in space.
More Alien News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction