Gemma Arterton Hoping for 'Alien' Role, Meeting Director
"Prince of Persia" star Gemma Arterton has confirmed she's in talks to lead a planned Ridley Scott film just days after her publicist shot down reports linking her to an "Alien" prequel.
The Brit addressed the rumors over the weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada, where she's promoting new film "Tamara Drewe". She told reporters, "The honest truth is that Ridley Scott has approached me to meet with him about something in the next few weeks."
And she hopes it's for Alien - as industry insiders have been suggesting for weeks: "I'd love to get buff. But maybe I'll be playing an alien! I wouldn't mind that, actually. I like dressing up. That's why I became an actor in the first place."
The original "Alien", which Scott directed, starred Sigourney Weaver as the leader of a team of scientists who encounter a killer in space.
More Alien News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2