Gemma Arterton Hoping for 'Alien' Role, Meeting Director
"Prince of Persia" star Gemma Arterton has confirmed she's in talks to lead a planned Ridley Scott film just days after her publicist shot down reports linking her to an "Alien" prequel.
The Brit addressed the rumors over the weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada, where she's promoting new film "Tamara Drewe". She told reporters, "The honest truth is that Ridley Scott has approached me to meet with him about something in the next few weeks."
And she hopes it's for Alien - as industry insiders have been suggesting for weeks: "I'd love to get buff. But maybe I'll be playing an alien! I wouldn't mind that, actually. I like dressing up. That's why I became an actor in the first place."
The original "Alien", which Scott directed, starred Sigourney Weaver as the leader of a team of scientists who encounter a killer in space.
More Alien News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal