Gemma Arterton Hoping for 'Alien' Role, Meeting Director
"Prince of Persia" star Gemma Arterton has confirmed she's in talks to lead a planned Ridley Scott film just days after her publicist shot down reports linking her to an "Alien" prequel.
The Brit addressed the rumors over the weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada, where she's promoting new film "Tamara Drewe". She told reporters, "The honest truth is that Ridley Scott has approached me to meet with him about something in the next few weeks."
And she hopes it's for Alien - as industry insiders have been suggesting for weeks: "I'd love to get buff. But maybe I'll be playing an alien! I wouldn't mind that, actually. I like dressing up. That's why I became an actor in the first place."
The original "Alien", which Scott directed, starred Sigourney Weaver as the leader of a team of scientists who encounter a killer in space.
More Alien News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns