Gemma Arterton Hoping for 'Alien' Role, Meeting Director
"Prince of Persia" star Gemma Arterton has confirmed she's in talks to lead a planned Ridley Scott film just days after her publicist shot down reports linking her to an "Alien" prequel.
The Brit addressed the rumors over the weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada, where she's promoting new film "Tamara Drewe". She told reporters, "The honest truth is that Ridley Scott has approached me to meet with him about something in the next few weeks."
And she hopes it's for Alien - as industry insiders have been suggesting for weeks: "I'd love to get buff. But maybe I'll be playing an alien! I wouldn't mind that, actually. I like dressing up. That's why I became an actor in the first place."
The original "Alien", which Scott directed, starred Sigourney Weaver as the leader of a team of scientists who encounter a killer in space.
More Alien News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake