Noomi Rapace Lands Lead Role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Early Oscars favorite Noomi Rapace has landed the female lead in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel. The Swedish star of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played with Fire" will join Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in the film.
Rapace will play a French gypsy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The news comes weeks after newcomer Rooney Mara was named the actress who would revamp Rapace's role of Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is expected to start filming in October for December 16, 2011 U.S. release. Beside Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, Rachel McAdams who will also reprise her role as Irene Adler, Guy Ritchie has signed to return to the directing seat.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off