Noomi Rapace Lands Lead Role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Early Oscars favorite Noomi Rapace has landed the female lead in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel. The Swedish star of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played with Fire" will join Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in the film.
Rapace will play a French gypsy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The news comes weeks after newcomer Rooney Mara was named the actress who would revamp Rapace's role of Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is expected to start filming in October for December 16, 2011 U.S. release. Beside Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, Rachel McAdams who will also reprise her role as Irene Adler, Guy Ritchie has signed to return to the directing seat.
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures