Noomi Rapace Lands Lead Role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Early Oscars favorite Noomi Rapace has landed the female lead in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel. The Swedish star of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played with Fire" will join Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in the film.
Rapace will play a French gypsy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The news comes weeks after newcomer Rooney Mara was named the actress who would revamp Rapace's role of Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is expected to start filming in October for December 16, 2011 U.S. release. Beside Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, Rachel McAdams who will also reprise her role as Irene Adler, Guy Ritchie has signed to return to the directing seat.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director