DJ AM Hit With Unpaid Taxes
The executors of tragic club star DJ AM's estate have been hit with a new bill - the late star died reportedly owing more than $88,000 in unpaid taxes. The hitmaker, real name Adam Goldstein, allegedly failed to pay $88,850 in taxes to the State of California in 2006 and 2007, according to a creditor's claim filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday.
Officials at the State of California Franchise Tax Board are asking the star's executors to settle the balance, reports TMZ.com. Goldstein died from an accidental drug overdose on 28 August, 2009.
Legal documents filed in L.A. a month after Goldstein died from an accidental drug overdose in August last year suggested he owned property worth $3.5 million and an additional $400,000 in assets, but his debts totalled $2.9 million.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?