Jay-Z Ready to Invest for Arsenal
Jay-Z is planning to spend more time in London as he prepares to invest in a top British soccer team. The rapper has previously spoken of his interest in becoming a major shareholder in Barclays Premier League club Arsenal, admitting he has been a fan of the team since French star Thierry Henry played for them.
But Jay-Z, who co-owns U.S. basketball team the New Jersey Nets, insists he will have to play an active role in Arsenal if he's to clinch the deal. He says, "(Wife Beyonce Knowles and I) would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while."
"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making... I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this. I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."
More Jay-Z News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences