Jay-Z Ready to Invest for Arsenal
Jay-Z is planning to spend more time in London as he prepares to invest in a top British soccer team. The rapper has previously spoken of his interest in becoming a major shareholder in Barclays Premier League club Arsenal, admitting he has been a fan of the team since French star Thierry Henry played for them.
But Jay-Z, who co-owns U.S. basketball team the New Jersey Nets, insists he will have to play an active role in Arsenal if he's to clinch the deal. He says, "(Wife Beyonce Knowles and I) would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while."
"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making... I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this. I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."
More Jay-Z News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says