Jay-Z Ready to Invest for Arsenal
Jay-Z is planning to spend more time in London as he prepares to invest in a top British soccer team. The rapper has previously spoken of his interest in becoming a major shareholder in Barclays Premier League club Arsenal, admitting he has been a fan of the team since French star Thierry Henry played for them.
But Jay-Z, who co-owns U.S. basketball team the New Jersey Nets, insists he will have to play an active role in Arsenal if he's to clinch the deal. He says, "(Wife Beyonce Knowles and I) would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while."
"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making... I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this. I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."
More Jay-Z News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby