Jay-Z Ready to Invest for Arsenal
Jay-Z is planning to spend more time in London as he prepares to invest in a top British soccer team. The rapper has previously spoken of his interest in becoming a major shareholder in Barclays Premier League club Arsenal, admitting he has been a fan of the team since French star Thierry Henry played for them.
But Jay-Z, who co-owns U.S. basketball team the New Jersey Nets, insists he will have to play an active role in Arsenal if he's to clinch the deal. He says, "(Wife Beyonce Knowles and I) would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while."
"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making... I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this. I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."
More Jay-Z News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2