Vanessa Williams Not a Fan of 'Desperate Housewives' Once
Vanessa Williams had to be coaxed into taking on a role on TV hit "Desperate Housewives" - because she was one of the drama's worst critics. The actress admits she was a big fan until Alfre Woodard became the first African-American to join the show.
Williams wasn't jealous and she doesn't dislike Woodard - but she hated her character's storyline. She tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "She had her son in chains in the basement. It was like, 'Really? Do we have to go there with our first black character?'
"I honestly fell off the show after that. I think it was just so implausible and just an image that black folks don't want to see - their child chained and shackled in the basement."
Williams will join the Wisteria Lane crowd on the show when she plays the wife of a baseball star.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce