Vanessa Williams Not a Fan of 'Desperate Housewives' Once
Vanessa Williams had to be coaxed into taking on a role on TV hit "Desperate Housewives" - because she was one of the drama's worst critics. The actress admits she was a big fan until Alfre Woodard became the first African-American to join the show.
Williams wasn't jealous and she doesn't dislike Woodard - but she hated her character's storyline. She tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "She had her son in chains in the basement. It was like, 'Really? Do we have to go there with our first black character?'
"I honestly fell off the show after that. I think it was just so implausible and just an image that black folks don't want to see - their child chained and shackled in the basement."
Williams will join the Wisteria Lane crowd on the show when she plays the wife of a baseball star.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl