50 Cent Deletes Anti-Gay Tweet After Backlashed by GLAAD
50 Cent has become public enemy number one among officials at gay rights group GLAAD after using a derogatory term for homosexuals in a tweet attack aimed at blogger Perez Hilton. Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation leaders have lashed out at the rapper for insensitive remarks he made via Twitter.com in response to criticism he received from Hilton earlier this week.
And they are asking him to retract his "anti-gay" statement. 50 Cent wrote, "Perez Hilton called me a douchebag so I had my homie shoot up a gay wedding. Wasn't his but still made me feel better." The tweet was accompanied by a photo of two men in suits running from an angry mob of people.
GLAAD bosses are urging 50 Cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about. In a tweet on Thursday, September 9, the organization posted a statement that read, "Tell @50cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about." The rapper appears to have taken heed - he has since deleted his tweet.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie