50 Cent Deletes Anti-Gay Tweet After Backlashed by GLAAD
50 Cent has become public enemy number one among officials at gay rights group GLAAD after using a derogatory term for homosexuals in a tweet attack aimed at blogger Perez Hilton. Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation leaders have lashed out at the rapper for insensitive remarks he made via Twitter.com in response to criticism he received from Hilton earlier this week.
And they are asking him to retract his "anti-gay" statement. 50 Cent wrote, "Perez Hilton called me a douchebag so I had my homie shoot up a gay wedding. Wasn't his but still made me feel better." The tweet was accompanied by a photo of two men in suits running from an angry mob of people.
GLAAD bosses are urging 50 Cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about. In a tweet on Thursday, September 9, the organization posted a statement that read, "Tell @50cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about." The rapper appears to have taken heed - he has since deleted his tweet.
More 50 Cent News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer