50 Cent Deletes Anti-Gay Tweet After Backlashed by GLAAD
50 Cent has become public enemy number one among officials at gay rights group GLAAD after using a derogatory term for homosexuals in a tweet attack aimed at blogger Perez Hilton. Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation leaders have lashed out at the rapper for insensitive remarks he made via Twitter.com in response to criticism he received from Hilton earlier this week.
And they are asking him to retract his "anti-gay" statement. 50 Cent wrote, "Perez Hilton called me a douchebag so I had my homie shoot up a gay wedding. Wasn't his but still made me feel better." The tweet was accompanied by a photo of two men in suits running from an angry mob of people.
GLAAD bosses are urging 50 Cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about. In a tweet on Thursday, September 9, the organization posted a statement that read, "Tell @50cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about." The rapper appears to have taken heed - he has since deleted his tweet.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign