50 Cent Deletes Anti-Gay Tweet After Backlashed by GLAAD
50 Cent has become public enemy number one among officials at gay rights group GLAAD after using a derogatory term for homosexuals in a tweet attack aimed at blogger Perez Hilton. Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation leaders have lashed out at the rapper for insensitive remarks he made via Twitter.com in response to criticism he received from Hilton earlier this week.
And they are asking him to retract his "anti-gay" statement. 50 Cent wrote, "Perez Hilton called me a douchebag so I had my homie shoot up a gay wedding. Wasn't his but still made me feel better." The tweet was accompanied by a photo of two men in suits running from an angry mob of people.
GLAAD bosses are urging 50 Cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about. In a tweet on Thursday, September 9, the organization posted a statement that read, "Tell @50cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about." The rapper appears to have taken heed - he has since deleted his tweet.
More 50 Cent News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch