50 Cent Deletes Anti-Gay Tweet After Backlashed by GLAAD
50 Cent has become public enemy number one among officials at gay rights group GLAAD after using a derogatory term for homosexuals in a tweet attack aimed at blogger Perez Hilton. Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation leaders have lashed out at the rapper for insensitive remarks he made via Twitter.com in response to criticism he received from Hilton earlier this week.
And they are asking him to retract his "anti-gay" statement. 50 Cent wrote, "Perez Hilton called me a douchebag so I had my homie shoot up a gay wedding. Wasn't his but still made me feel better." The tweet was accompanied by a photo of two men in suits running from an angry mob of people.
GLAAD bosses are urging 50 Cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about. In a tweet on Thursday, September 9, the organization posted a statement that read, "Tell @50cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about." The rapper appears to have taken heed - he has since deleted his tweet.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'