Rep: Susan Boyle 'Absolutely Devastated' Over Lou Reed Snub
Susan Boyle suffered a meltdown on a plane just hours after she was left "absolutely devastated" by Lou Reed's refusal to allow her to sing his track "Perfect Day" on TV. The Scottish singing sensation, who shot to fame after appearing on a British talent show last year, was due to perform the song on "America's Got Talent".
But when she arrived to soundcheck the tune at the show's Los Angeles studios on Wednesday, September 8, Boyle learned Reed wasn't a fan and had refused permission for her to perform the rendition. Sources claimed Boyle burst into tears and left the studio without appearing on the episode - and now it's emerged she sparked complaints from travelers on her return flight when she started singing and sobbing during the journey.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "She would sing for a few minutes then start crying - she was all over the place. She was clearly very distressed and tired." Now an email from the star's manager, obtained by TMZ.com, reveals how the snub left the opera singer heartbroken.
The letter reads, "Susan was absolutely devastated to be told on the morning of the show taping that Lou Reed had personally decided to block her singing his already much covered song, 'Perfect Day', on 'America's Got Talent' in L.A... We obviously had no idea of this prior to leaving London. None of us can understand the decision given that it's such a beautiful rendition of the song."
The email also reveals Boyle decided to pull out of the show because she was only told about the song choice issue "less than two hours to go before the recording" and had "no other new song rehearsed."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards