Rep: Susan Boyle 'Absolutely Devastated' Over Lou Reed Snub
Susan Boyle suffered a meltdown on a plane just hours after she was left "absolutely devastated" by Lou Reed's refusal to allow her to sing his track "Perfect Day" on TV. The Scottish singing sensation, who shot to fame after appearing on a British talent show last year, was due to perform the song on "America's Got Talent".
But when she arrived to soundcheck the tune at the show's Los Angeles studios on Wednesday, September 8, Boyle learned Reed wasn't a fan and had refused permission for her to perform the rendition. Sources claimed Boyle burst into tears and left the studio without appearing on the episode - and now it's emerged she sparked complaints from travelers on her return flight when she started singing and sobbing during the journey.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "She would sing for a few minutes then start crying - she was all over the place. She was clearly very distressed and tired." Now an email from the star's manager, obtained by TMZ.com, reveals how the snub left the opera singer heartbroken.
The letter reads, "Susan was absolutely devastated to be told on the morning of the show taping that Lou Reed had personally decided to block her singing his already much covered song, 'Perfect Day', on 'America's Got Talent' in L.A... We obviously had no idea of this prior to leaving London. None of us can understand the decision given that it's such a beautiful rendition of the song."
The email also reveals Boyle decided to pull out of the show because she was only told about the song choice issue "less than two hours to go before the recording" and had "no other new song rehearsed."
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic