Johnny Deep Is Richest Actor in Forbes' List
Johnny Depp has made a spectacular leap to the top of the Hollywood rich pile - he has earned $50 million over the last 12 months. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star has jumped from number ten on the 2009 rich list to be named the highest earning actor by Forbes.com. Depp pulled in a huge sum for his portrayal of the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's hit "Alice in Wonderland", as well as a $15 million fee for his upcoming film "The Tourist".
Ben Stiller is at number two with a salary of $38 million stemming from his pay cheques for "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian" and his next "Meet the Fockers" movie. The number three spot goes to Tom Hanks, who has garnered $30 million in the period from June 2009 to June 2010, while Adam Sandler is laughing all the way to the bank with $26.6 million.
The top ten is rounded out by Leonardo DiCaprio ($18.6 million), Daniel Radcliffe ($16.6 million), Robert Downey Jr. ($14.6 million), Tom Cruise ($14.6 million), Brad Pitt ($13.3 million) and George Clooney ($12.6 million).
More Johnny Depp News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce