Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested for Grand Larceny in Domestic Battery Case
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been arrested for grand larceny related to an alleged domestic violence incident involving his girlfriend, Las Vegas police have confirmed. Police were called to Mayweather, Jr.'s Las Vegas home on Thursday, September 9 after Josie Harris reported an alleged fight.
The fighter was not present when cops arrived. On Friday, September 10, he was tracked down and arrested for allegedly taking personal items belonging to Harris from the residence, according to police. Authorities have not arrested Mayweather Jr. for domestic violence and are expected to submit that case to the District Attorney's office.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports Mayweather, Jr. was booked into the Clark County Detention Center at about 10:45 A.M. local time. A temporary protection order filed by Harris on Thursday, September 9 suggests the boxer punched her in the head, pulled her hair and tried to break her arm after entering her home as she slept.
Harris also accuses Mayweather, Jr. of threatening to kill her and threatening their three children in the documents, obtained by TMZ.com. Harris previously accused Mayweather, Jr. of punching and kicking her while she was seated in a car in Las Vegas in 2003. Charges were filed but dismissed in 2005 after Harris recanted her statement.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom