Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested for Grand Larceny in Domestic Battery Case
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been arrested for grand larceny related to an alleged domestic violence incident involving his girlfriend, Las Vegas police have confirmed. Police were called to Mayweather, Jr.'s Las Vegas home on Thursday, September 9 after Josie Harris reported an alleged fight.
The fighter was not present when cops arrived. On Friday, September 10, he was tracked down and arrested for allegedly taking personal items belonging to Harris from the residence, according to police. Authorities have not arrested Mayweather Jr. for domestic violence and are expected to submit that case to the District Attorney's office.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports Mayweather, Jr. was booked into the Clark County Detention Center at about 10:45 A.M. local time. A temporary protection order filed by Harris on Thursday, September 9 suggests the boxer punched her in the head, pulled her hair and tried to break her arm after entering her home as she slept.
Harris also accuses Mayweather, Jr. of threatening to kill her and threatening their three children in the documents, obtained by TMZ.com. Harris previously accused Mayweather, Jr. of punching and kicking her while she was seated in a car in Las Vegas in 2003. Charges were filed but dismissed in 2005 after Harris recanted her statement.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!