Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested for Grand Larceny in Domestic Battery Case
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been arrested for grand larceny related to an alleged domestic violence incident involving his girlfriend, Las Vegas police have confirmed. Police were called to Mayweather, Jr.'s Las Vegas home on Thursday, September 9 after Josie Harris reported an alleged fight.
The fighter was not present when cops arrived. On Friday, September 10, he was tracked down and arrested for allegedly taking personal items belonging to Harris from the residence, according to police. Authorities have not arrested Mayweather Jr. for domestic violence and are expected to submit that case to the District Attorney's office.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports Mayweather, Jr. was booked into the Clark County Detention Center at about 10:45 A.M. local time. A temporary protection order filed by Harris on Thursday, September 9 suggests the boxer punched her in the head, pulled her hair and tried to break her arm after entering her home as she slept.
Harris also accuses Mayweather, Jr. of threatening to kill her and threatening their three children in the documents, obtained by TMZ.com. Harris previously accused Mayweather, Jr. of punching and kicking her while she was seated in a car in Las Vegas in 2003. Charges were filed but dismissed in 2005 after Harris recanted her statement.
More Floyd Mayweather, Jr. News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl