Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested for Grand Larceny in Domestic Battery Case
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been arrested for grand larceny related to an alleged domestic violence incident involving his girlfriend, Las Vegas police have confirmed. Police were called to Mayweather, Jr.'s Las Vegas home on Thursday, September 9 after Josie Harris reported an alleged fight.
The fighter was not present when cops arrived. On Friday, September 10, he was tracked down and arrested for allegedly taking personal items belonging to Harris from the residence, according to police. Authorities have not arrested Mayweather Jr. for domestic violence and are expected to submit that case to the District Attorney's office.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports Mayweather, Jr. was booked into the Clark County Detention Center at about 10:45 A.M. local time. A temporary protection order filed by Harris on Thursday, September 9 suggests the boxer punched her in the head, pulled her hair and tried to break her arm after entering her home as she slept.
Harris also accuses Mayweather, Jr. of threatening to kill her and threatening their three children in the documents, obtained by TMZ.com. Harris previously accused Mayweather, Jr. of punching and kicking her while she was seated in a car in Las Vegas in 2003. Charges were filed but dismissed in 2005 after Harris recanted her statement.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked